AVIC411.com

Love my D3 except one thing on routing

I input my addresses that I want to go to and it directs me there just fine, the problem is when I get there I am usually 5 to 6 houses from where I should be. It the same with business destinations. It just seems to be a good 500 or 600 yards off. All my setting are fine, my speedomter on the d3 is perfect and it tells me to turn when i need to turn. If I am aproaching a turn it will tell me a turn is coming up in .5 miles, and It is exactly .5 miles away. When I look at the map, I am right where I should be. Is this just something I am going to have to live with, or is something wrong with my unit?

How long have you had the D3?

Have you driven around long enough for the 3D calibration to be completed?

I think once calibration is completed the accuracy will improve.

I have had it about a week now and have driven over 500 miles. Hopefully that is enough time to calibrate it. :lol:

I thought I read in another post where someone said that it just directs you to the block that the address is on. Like my house is 1225 it knows which side of the street I'm on but says I'm there when I'm only halfway down my block. I've noticed it do this going to other places also.

Dan

I thought I read in another post where someone said that it just directs you to the block that the address is on. Like my house is 1225 it knows which side of the street I'm on but says I'm there when I'm only halfway down my block. I've noticed it do this going to other places also.

Dan

for home i over rid the location based on where my parking space is at my apartment... it tells me ive arrived as soon as i pull in front of my building

The D3 is not very accurate. It should be becuase it uses a lot of satilites and has wheel speed and gyro's but it's not. My old Garmin will put you in spiting distrance of the address and only uses satilites. I'm hoping for new software that will fix the routing and the accuracy. Mine routes me past the street i should turn on and than has me make a u turn and back track down the road i just drove up only to turn down the street i had already pasted. I do get there sooner or mostly latter. :?