AVIC411.com

D2 install in 01 Lincoln LS?

Umm im not sure it can be done. With the way the air vents and climate controls are i would prolly have to say no. I have an '03 LS V8 and i have seen however a N2 in there. If you want to try i say hell ya go for it. Let me know how it comes out... Cause ill definately do it. But i dont believe it will work well.

Good Luck

Thanks for the replys. Does anyone have pics of a custom install? Once I get the car back from the dealer, I'm going to pull the unit out of my 94 SHO (also a car they said it wouldn't fit in), and get to work on the lincoln. I'll post pics when I'm done. Thanks again. If anyone has pics or advice, I'll gladly take it.

Does the '01 LS have the silver dash? The link was provided to show him how to do it with the existing dash bezel. I assume he already knows how to use a wiring harness adapter. If he does have a black dash he could always buy the '03+ silver bezel and paint it flat black. It might not match 100% though.

I'm kind of surprised there are no aftermarket dash kits for that type of install.

00-02 LS's have the black (dark grey with speckles, actually..if you look closely) from the factory.

www.teamfordparts.com carries the bezel needed..("03 and up LS bezel) in silver, or painted to match the 00-02 stock dark grey aka black dash. The bezel will need to have the center portion dremeled out...from the backside..in order for it to fit the Avic.

And despite what is posted elsewhere here on the forum, the black/grey wire behind the dash is NOT the VSS wire. LS uses the CAN/Bus system. It's rumored the red/white wire from the PCM will work, but no confirmation. A brown or black wire from the rear ABS sensor has been confirmed to work. Can't recall which(brown or black) at the moment. Havent hooked mine up yet.

And for illumination, you are going to need to tap into the wire that supplies light to the cigaratte lighter bulb. the factory orange/white striped wire will NOT provide illumination functionality

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add..you WILL have to use a Dremel and modify the part from teamfordparts. The centerpart will need to be cut out from the rear, and relief cuts in the four corners will be needed for the bezel to slide onto the front of the NAV. Kinda tricky..takes some time, but it will work.

I picked up some Hobby Shop paint to cover the silver.

• 3 months later...

i can post pics of converting a regular dash kit to fit a double din. i did it in an 02 ls about a month ago. his dash was black and (of course) its not color matched. his vents were too messed up to try to sand and paint.

its more work than buying the factory piece but im pretty sure its cheaper (not including labor!) i think it took me 2 days to do

let me know if u wanna see them