AVIC411.com

XM Direct and AVIC-D1

Hey everyone-
I have an AVIC-D1 installed in my car with the XM Direct unit for the Pioneer HUs. I am not getting the XM channel icons or the big graphic with the song info in it. The unit plays but I am not getting signal according to the XM setup info on the AVIC-D1. The XM Direct unit was hooked up to a DEH-P8600MP previously and I didn't disconnect the 12V constant wire on the XM Direct before installing the AVIC-D1. All of the presets on the XM Direct are still there. Do you think I need to disconnect the 12v constant wire to reset the XM Direct unit in oreder to get the XM graphical interface?

Hope all of this makes sense.

Thanks
Yep. cjmartin315 is right. It worked for mine, too... Until I got the GEX-P910XMT.

It doesn't do more than 16 characters on the display, though...

AND... your clock will only be shown when it is in "HIDE" mode, like with the current XM tuner system you have... When in hidden mode, the display will NOT show the title like yours (probably) does (if its like the older 910 and 903). It will only show the genre (Hits, etc).

In other words, no song information is shown while using the clock while using the AV display. Comparatively, no clock is shown while song information is displayed, with both the 920 and P10 (traffic) tuners. Clocks aren't important anyway, that's what watches and cell phones are for. :lol: