AVIC411.com

Z1 update to update software

My company is making a large purchase of Pioneer car radios for KBR and I just spoke with a VP of sales for them. I asked them about the Update CD for the Z1 it is CNDV70 and it will be ready no later then end of May. Also I asked about the lock out features and why they lock out so much and factory Navs dont. He said its because like Ford takes full resposibilitly for any issues caused by it.... Anyway he said that a bypass for Z-2 will be really hard for anyone to bypass like the Z1 he did say the Z1 that we grounded the one cable should still work that its a hard code and that all that will be updated is the Maps and firmware. I told him as a owner of both Z1 and Z2 that it sucks that they dont work 100% with out a bypass he said its all for Pioneers and the consumers protection. I asked if there was a Bypass for the Z2 he said no. That hardware and programmers fixed it. I told him about the switch deal and he said yea it may work but its a bother so most will not do it... well just a FYI....

My company is making a large purchase of Pioneer car radios for KBR and I just spoke with a VP of sales for them. I asked them about the Update CD for the Z1 it is CNDV70 and it will be ready no later then end of May. Also I asked about the lock out features and why they lock out so much and factory Navs dont. He said its because like Ford takes full resposibilitly for any issues caused by it.... Anyway he said that a bypass for Z-2 will be really hard for anyone to bypass like the Z1 he did say the Z1 that we grounded the one cable should still work that its a hard code and that all that will be updated is the Maps and firmware. I told him as a owner of both Z1 and Z2 that it sucks that they dont work 100% with out a bypass he said its all for Pioneers and the consumers protection. I asked if there was a Bypass for the Z2 he said no. That hardware and programmers fixed it. I told him about the switch deal and he said yea it may work but its a bother so most will not do it... well just a FYI....

VP of sales giving tech advice? Thats like trusting a car salesman with what he says about the cars he sells. He knows what hes read, thats about it.

First of all ass wipe... its a Pioneer VP.... and I typed the wrong number my bad... but we buy in bulk from them and deal with them... we sell everything and anything.... I am not sure if what he is telling me is 100% as we all see that Pioneer is not good and letting its customers know anything.... but either way... Dude you are way to negative... it was a post nothing more....

First of all ass wipe... its a Pioneer VP....

So that makes the VP more knowledgable than a tech support agent at Pioneer?

and I typed the wrong number my bad...

So what is the right number? You wouldnt know because you didnt talk to this guy.

but we buy in bulk from them and deal with them...

Umm is this the same KBR? You purchase two thousand dollar units to install in vehicles to a subsidiary of Halliburton? So there is where my tax dollars go!

I am not sure if what he is telling me is 100% as we all see that Pioneer is not good and letting its customers know anything

There are so bad at saying anything, that you most likely didnt speak to the VP at all!

Dude you are way to negative...

Not just him, we all are :)

Yea its KBR... we do about 15 million a year with them... and no they pay 10% over wholesale... and I did talk to their VP of sales as he is the one that approves the deals... again not sure if he is BS or what... but I thought I would pass it a long... I think you are the guys that said the bypass being sold on ebay does not work.. agian I posted that what a guy emailed me and said it work. DBOY ran with it and now oh... oh ... it works... enough with the smack... are you that insecure that you have to try and put everyone down that post... :shock:

I think you are the guys that said the bypass being sold on ebay does not work.. agian I posted that what a guy emailed me and said it work. DBOY ran with it and now oh... oh ... it works... enough with the smack... are you that insecure that you have to try and put everyone down that post... :shock:

The difference between the bypass that you bought on ebay and the one that you say DB "ran with" is that with yours you need a toggle on the p-brake, the GPS antenna, and the VSS. The one DB posted only requires the toggle on the p-brake which leaves full functionality of the navigation, unlike the one you paid for. Do we really have to keep explaining this to you :?:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, you guys are pretty harsh on the guy! He was only trying to pass on info that he got in relation to the Z1 update and bypass for the Z2. The more people we get to pass on info that they found out about these units, the closer we'll get to finding the real truth, IMO.

By the way, don't try and flame me too... I'm not standing up for the guy and saying that he ISN'T full of crap, which he very well may be... I just think we don't need to take the stance of guilty until proven innocent.