AVIC411.com

Unreadable disc????? WTF?

Just installed my z1 in my 2001 F350. In any of the audio modes, it displays UNREADABLE DISK across the bottom of the screen. Also the dvd icon isn't lit up like the other icons. Every once in a while the error message will go away for a minute, but then it comes back. I've checked and rechecked every connection. Tried resetting the unit. So I called pioneer "technical support" what a joke. They said just send it in. I'm saving that as a last resort.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Jamie
I could see it doing it due to the type of disk that was inserted. But mine does it ALL THE TIME! Dosen't matter if I'm listening to am-fm-xm-ipod. Even when there's no disk in it( it's never played a disk of any kind)!

Anyone have any ideas, before I have to rip this brand new unit back out and send it back to pioneer for warranty?

Thanks, Jamie
Sounds like there really is a problem with your unit. I've never seen that error before, and I've had a LOT of media in mine from DVD +-, RW, CD-R and RW, etc. I just got finished ripping 124 CDs to the library, about half of which were CD-Rs, and I had no problems.

Can you send it back to where you bought it from? That would probably be a lot quicker than warranty service.
  • 1 year later...
My Z2 gives me "Unreadable disk" too. Commercial DVDs work fine, but the ones I burnt do not. CDs that I burnt work fine too. I tried to burn on two different burners and on two different DVD brands. Doesn't help. Is there a certain way I need to burn them? Any special options I need to set in Nero? I just burnt 10 folders with mp3s with many subfolders. Please advise.

Thanks.
  • 4 weeks later...
Mine is doin the same exact thing. wont read any kind of disc. calling pioneer is a waste of time. they said 200 bux flat rate which isnt bad unless there is more stuff that they need to fix that problem. If you send yours in let me know how long it takes to fix and what they charged you for it. really sux i had to buy an ipod just to get music
Mine is doin the same exact thing. wont read any kind of disc. calling pioneer is a waste of time. they said 200 bux flat rate which isnt bad unless there is more stuff that they need to fix that problem. If you send yours in let me know how long it takes to fix and what they charged you for it. really sux i had to buy an ipod just to get music
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name="Deacster"]I got the same problem too
Playing normal DVD's is perfectly fine but once I try and download music videos from iTunes and transferring them to a dvd-r I always get unreadable disc.[/quote]

I think Itunes uses .mov and .mp4 for videos and music. which are incompatible with the Avic...I could be wrong...