AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Help... Nightmode won't initiate.

I have a 2006 Audi A4 that I have the D3 installed in. For some reason the night mode won't initiate when headlights are turned on.. Is there any mod or hack that will activate this feature? Driving at night with daytime mode is quite bright! :-( I also turned on the daytime/nighttime feature in the settings menu with no luck. TIA Everyone!!

I have a 2006 Audi A4 that I have the D3 installed in. For some reason the night mode won't initiate when headlights are turned on.. Is there any mod or hack that will activate this feature? Driving at night with daytime mode is quite bright! :-( I also turned on the daytime/nighttime feature in the settings menu with no luck. TIA Everyone!!

Many newer cars today use twister pair wiring.

In short, you'll need to tap into another source...say the light for your front ashtray..or a parking light..in order to get it to work properly.

If you haven't solved your problem yet, this happened to me in my Accord. What I did was turn down the brightness of instrumentation lights just a little bit. I'm not sure if Audi has this function (I'm assuming it does)...but try lowering the brightness of your gauge cluster lights. When I have gauge brightness turned all the way up...the night mode won't activate.

If you haven't solved your problem yet, this happened to me in my Accord. What I did was turn down the brightness of instrumentation lights just a little bit. I'm not sure if Audi has this function (I'm assuming it does)...but try lowering the brightness of your gauge cluster lights. When I have gauge brightness turned all the way up...the night mode won't activate.

that means the illmination wire of the avic is hooked up to the dimmer wire in the vehicle and not the illumination wire.

Oh I see...

My car only has the dimmer wire...no illumination wire...I'm assuming since the stock radio lights will dim with the other dash lights. I guess I would've had to tap the illumination wire into the parking lights as well. Hmm...maybe that would be better because I want all my lights @ max brightness...but I want my AVIC to be dimmed.

If I disconneced the dimmer wire and tapped my AVIC's illumination wire into the parking light wire...would I be able to accomplish what I mentioned above?