AVIC411.com

Pre-Update Z1, Post-Update Z1, and Z2 images available.

can I please get a link to the images I have a Z2 to play with just and a locked drive thinking about switching the bottom circut board (same model) in hopes it will release the lock and allow a reformat and reinstalling the image back on .

You need to unlock the drive yourself... check the sticky for how to do that.

• 4 weeks later...
Also, has anybody looked at the actual format of upgrade CD's?

I did when the bluetooth update CD came out for the Z1. There is quite a bit "compiled" into the files needed.

If somebody did figure out how to change the filesystem to do a Z2 bypass, could it be distributed via a custom built upgrade CD?

that would be a holy grail for the Z2 bypass and the guy who figured that out would be a genius. But I highly doubt that anyone other than a pioneer insider would be able to come up with such a disk.

Please, someone prove me wrong, but it looked a little daunting for me to reverse engineer.

If somebody did figure out how to change the filesystem to do a Z2 bypass, could it be distributed via a custom built upgrade CD?

that would be a holy grail for the Z2 bypass and the guy who figured that out would be a genius. But I highly doubt that anyone other than a pioneer insider would be able to come up with such a disk.

Please, someone prove me wrong, but it looked a little daunting for me to reverse engineer.

Hmph, that's exactly what I was working on before I got shot down in the other thread. But now i've become sidetracked to several other projects anyway.

Hyperite, I am lmao at you shooting down Mazdaspeed... he littered up one of my threads begging for an image as well, without contributing anything useful.

A tip you might find useful, when I made my Z2 image with Acronis, I was able to use 7zip and fit my 18gb image on one dual layer dvd. I sent out 2 copies and they both worked.

Right now I am running a Z1 image on my Z2, but its a pre update image and I can't get the update disc to load. Might have something to do with it not being a clean image, I just deleted the Z2 stuff and replaced it with Z1 stuff so I didn't have to delete or reload my music. I am going to mess with it some tomorrow but I might need to hit you up for that HMIManager.exe file that controls the pre/post bluetooth hack.

Right now I am running a Z1 image on my Z2, but its a pre update image and I can't get the update disc to load. Might have something to do with it not being a clean image, I just deleted the Z2 stuff and replaced it with Z1 stuff so I didn't have to delete or reload my music. I am going to mess with it some tomorrow but I might need to hit you up for that HMIManager.exe file that controls the pre/post bluetooth hack.

Yeah, I'm not sure how the whole bluetooth update thing works with regard to old data, or checking files, but let me know whatever you need to play around!

Can somebody send me the Z2 image or give me FTP access or something? I'd love to poke around a bit... maybe it's possible to send the image without all the navigation data (so it's not 17gb)? Also, does anybody have the bluetooth update CD for Z1? If so, maybe they could send an image of that as well?

Can somebody send me the Z2 image or give me FTP access or something? I'd love to poke around a bit... maybe it's possible to send the image without all the navigation data (so it's not 17gb)? Also, does anybody have the bluetooth update CD for Z1? If so, maybe they could send an image of that as well?

What unit do you have? Bluetooth update CD is available from http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#bluetooth

How far did you get?

Not very...check the 25 page thread for details.

What unit do you have?

I have a Z2 arriving tomorrow (according to UPS). I'm hoping to install it this weekend, but I'm still missing a CAN BUS interface module (to get VSS, accessory, reverse, parking break, etc) and don't really want to go splicing into the ABS system to find the VSS wire... so it might not be for another week or two before it's actually installed. So in the mean time, I'd like to poke around and see if there's a nice pure-software solution to doing the bypass.