AVIC411.com

For those who did not connect their VSS wire.......

I got my unit back from pioneer, I originally sent it back due to "Hardware failure unable to detect GPS signal".

Anywoo, the unit is fine now and before I didnt have the VSS wire connected and this time around I did.

WOW, I noticed a night and day difference in the GPS signal's accuracy.

Before without the VSS, when I exit offramp, the unit would think I was still on it, but now that problems is gone.

Unit is Precise and accurate in parking lots or not marked areas.

So for those who did not get around to connect their VSS,........Just Do it!

Sorry if this is old news but I thought I share for all the coochos out there.-

With the VSS wire it seems to "listen" to it's internal gyros more than without it. It won't help with actual position on the planet, but that takes a couple seconds and for the off ramp you mention, yes, it will calibrate the internal gyros and know if you turn left or right and I think it listens to that input more with the vss wire hooked up. I think it's a worthwhile endeavor to hook it up.

I was planning a trip cross country from Washington state to Rhode Island. I installed my Z2 with VSS connected and traveled approx. 4500 miles with navigation in 3D Hybrid learning mode.

The GPS signal was excellent, the system knew my speed, the incline my vehicle was travelling.

The Z2 indicated my position accurately 98% of the time. only a few times I was travelling in no man's land, which is understandable due to constant road construction.

The only issue I had was that I didn't know how to input my own travel route. The travel route mapped by the Z2 takes longer and hundreds of miles around the destination I wanted.

Only a few times the voice guidance was late informing me of a upcoming turn. Other than that the Z2 displayed every interstate split and voice guidance stated the exit number and well in advance.

I was impressed with the Z2 navigation it displayed every road and turn in yellowstone park, the badlands national park and took me to every home address I inputted along the way.