AVIC411.com

Navi lady is a tad late on turns =/

Well, glad to see it isn't only me.

My z2 install is only a week old. The hook ups check out, I have everything installed by designed (installed by professional installer).

I thought it was a calibration issue, going to call pioneer today after work to see what can be done if anything. It took me a few days to come to the conculsion that it was a little late because I was pretty much testing places I had already been with the acception of one (which did great by the way). But during the testing, I felt as though she was a little late providing I didn't know where i was going or going to fast. Its not enough time to make adjustments in heavy traffic or high speeds. I hope something can be done about it. My friend has a 300c, his navi works ideally...Also, I noticed when I'm not using the navi guidance, it appears to be right on.....

For any of those who didn't already...I would suggest hooking up your VSS wire. I saw a big improvement with the final "____ turn ahead" notification after hooking up the VSS wire. It keeps getting better as the unit continues to learn the more you drive.

As for the calibration...I knew about the "modify location" option...but do you suggest using that supplied stylus to do it? My finger is too fat to accurately set the location =/.

Oh...and is there ANY way to get a QWERTY layout for the keyboard?

• 2 weeks later...

Had a similar issue when I had my D3 installed. Couldn't connect the VSS because I needed a $170 interface from Soundgate. Had passed through a couple intersections before indication came. So, I went into the GPS settings and increased the average speed settings. There are three settings, like secondary roads, primary roads and highways. This seemed to help A LOT. I assumed if you increase your average speed (and I do have a lead foot) that the computer could keep up.

Used it last night in Chicago and all the turns came up before the street.

I also heard that the GPS is adaptive and this could just be the learning curve, but figured it didn't hurt to try.

Had a similar issue when I had my D3 installed. Couldn't connect the VSS because I needed a $170 interface from Soundgate. Had passed through a couple intersections before indication came. So, I went into the GPS settings and increased the average speed settings. There are three settings, like secondary roads, primary roads and highways. This seemed to help A LOT. I assumed if you increase your average speed (and I do have a lead foot) that the computer could keep up.

Used it last night in Chicago and all the turns came up before the street.

I also heard that the GPS is adaptive and this could just be the learning curve, but figured it didn't hurt to try.

You know, I thought about that. Was going to try it some time this week when I had a little time to myself.

I was also considering some type of flaw in regards to that dead reckoning, map matching and all that other yadadadad. I and another person mention that the we are off about 50 feet and I think that has a lot to do with why the navi lady is late. According to my readings and their technology, the dead reckoning should put us back on track (and the sytem is suppose to learn) and should adjust accordingly. this is not happening or maybe I'm just a little impateint. I did reset my functions this past week and it seems to make it worst (as far as positioning on the map). I assume it was just as worst before and assume it will get better. But it was never on, even after I drove around. I called pioneer and they said that it should be right on (and I guess that inturn means that the navi lady should be a little more informative in the turn calling) and that if it isn't after I reset, I should turn it back in for a new one.... WTF

Hey guys,

I just installed my Avic D3 this weekend, and I tested it out. Unfortuntely, I don't have the VSS connected, can't really find it but have CF looking at that for me, but satellite tracking seems okay.

My problem is, the D3 is not recognizing turns. I see the yellow flags on the screen and the distance to those yellow flags goes down to 0.0 miles. The voice on the D3 does not come on unless I press the *.* miles button on the screen. When I make the turn, the flag is still there at the intersection that I made the turn at and does not update to the next turn. Any suggestions?

I was in a parking garage where I obviously would loose my GPS signal, but the unit kept functioning as I drove around. I can see this dead reckoning (which reqquires your VSS wire) being useful in areas with mountains and downtown in large cities where you could loose your signal ... the unit keeps pretty good track of where you are until you get your gps signal back again.