AVIC411.com

D3 Volume Settings

One of the biggest complaints I had about my Z1 was the wacky volume configuration options. I'm thinking about getting a D3, but if Pioneer hasn't addressed these issues, I really don't think I can consider it.

1. Does the D3 have speed sensitive volume?

2. Can the nav voice be set as a relative volume compared to the music level?

3. When taking a phone call, does the D3 actually pause the audio source, or simply mute it?

It makes no sense to me that the volume level you set for nav instructions is a fixed volume. The correct level for listening to quiet music can't even be heard if the music is turned up very loud, and vice versa. Because individual audio mixing options are not available for both nav and phone calls, you can't set it to attenuate the music during nav instructions or there is music in the background of phone calls.

Any input on the above concerns?

1. No

2. The nav voice is fixed at whatever you set it at.

3. Not sure, usually listen to XM or Sirius. Can check tomorrow if nobody knows off hand.

It totally mutes the music for phone calls. You can choose to have it totally mute or attenuate for navi voice--your choice, its in the setup menu.

Honestly, I have no complaints on the setup. Maybe I am less picky than others

I only know that it pauses my iPod playback when I receive a phone call. After the call it automatically switches back and resumes where it left off. It won't do this for satellite because there is no pause feature for either XM or Sirius modules. I'm fairly certain it will pause any pausable source though.

Sounds like they fixed pretty much all of my complaints with the Z1 then. Speed sensitive volume would be nice, but as long as there is independant control of the background music levels for both phone and navigation voice, that's fine.

I really only listen to my iPod, and unfortunately tend to get a lot of long phone calls, so with the Z1 I miss a lot of music when the volume gets cut, but the source playback doesn't pause.

Thanks for the feedback!

• 2 months later...