AVIC411.com

I'm trying to figure this out too. When I press voice on the screen.....it does work but There is no sound. When I look at the phone it looks as if it is working but the speaker doesn't say "say a command" like it should. Therefore, I have no idea when to say the command or if it is working. I have a v3c btw. Any help would be great.

Yes...my phone does support voice commands and the feature works well when it's not connected to the D3.

My phone does the same thing as described in the last post. I can hear the phone produce the voice prompts; however, they do not come through the car speakers and the volume on them is so low that it is impossible to get the timing right....

Yes...my phone does support voice commands and the feature works well when it's not connected to the D3.

My phone does the same thing as described in the last post. I can hear the phone produce the voice prompts; however, they do not come through the car speakers and the volume on them is so low that it is impossible to get the timing right....

I was able to get the voice commands to come through the cell phone speaker instead of the radio by turning off Use hands-free for standard audio and starting the voice dial prompts from teh radio, pressing end on the cell and then pressing the voice dial button on the phone, sounds very complex, but until some else has a better solution then I have no clue what to do...

Just to confirm, this same problem exists with BTB200 & Razr V3. If you turn the volume up all the way on the D3, the voice prompts are barely audible, but of course you can't use the system that way...

I called Pioneer about this, they said it was a phone problem, then they said they would check with the engineers and call me back. Well, still no phone call and it's been weeks... You think they stood me up??

Actually, I'm very disappointed with the BlueTooth module. I feel it's unusable. It's actually so cumbersome to make a phone call without the Voice dial, that I turn the module off. It's easier to use my BT headset or just talk on the phone... Certainly less distracting while driving...

Are you listening, Pioneer???

I agree. Loved it with my razr, love it even more with my krazr (now I get battery signal, and my mp3 ringtones that I have assigned to specific people come through the car speakers.)

With the exception of the voice dial issue I think the Bluetooth module is awesome. Voices are clear both directions and the integration is superb. Best add-on yet.

Guess it just depends on your point of view... I couldn't care less about the ring tones. If I still have to fumble around to dial the phone, or look up a number in the contact list, or worse, try to dial a number on the (IMHO) clumsy AVIC telephone interface - then it's a dismal failure. The utility of Voice Dial in a mobile situation is completely lost.

Oh sure, it works fine for answering a call, or talking once the call is established - but more often then not, I need to make a call, and while the BTB is active & linked to the phone, voice dialing is not functional.

So in my view, unless and until there is a resolution for the voice dial, the module is practically useless to me.

I agree. Loved it with my razr, love it even more with my krazr (now I get battery signal, and my mp3 ringtones that I have assigned to specific people come through the car speakers.)

With the exception of the voice dial issue I think the Bluetooth module is awesome. Voices are clear both directions and the integration is superb. Best add-on yet.

How do you get mp3 ringtones to come up on speaker? Never knew this was possible. Now I must know. Please share. Thanks

I don't seem to fumble around, I leave my phone in my pocket and have no problems at all doing everything on screen. The phonebook is a little bit slow to scroll through, but its not horrible. I have the six numbers I call most often already in the preset spots, so I don't go through the phonebook more than a couple times a day and I honestly have no desire to use the voice dial, so I guess we are opposite users

Guess it just depends on your point of view... I couldn't care less about the ring tones. If I still have to fumble around to dial the phone, or look up a number in the contact list, or worse, try to dial a number on the (IMHO) clumsy AVIC telephone interface - then it's a dismal failure. The utility of Voice Dial in a mobile situation is completely lost.

Oh sure, it works fine for answering a call, or talking once the call is established - but more often then not, I need to make a call, and while the BTB is active & linked to the phone, voice dialing is not functional.

So in my view, unless and until there is a resolution for the voice dial, the module is practically useless to me.