AVIC411.com

Z2 Routing is still FLAWED

Please Please Please Pioneer. Fix this software. Microsoft Streets and TRIPs (which btw only costs 100.00) is so much more superior than what the Z2 is doing.

I have yet to have it learn anything. I take the same trip eveyr day and have had it for a month now and it still does not select my streets.

It also does not recognize when you take an offramp when you have a route selcted, however when you are just in driving more, it does.. I wish sometimes the SNAP could be turned off.

I wish also you could tell it to not use U-TURNS.. just find the best route in the direction of travel.

Hmm, that's very interesting. Are you saying that the Pioneer AVIC-Z2 actually instructs the operator to make a U-Turn? Does it verify that U-Turns are in fact legal in that jurisdiction? So they lock out accessing Navigation functions which might not necessarily be illegal, but instruct the driver to make U-Turns which might actually be illegal and [G d forbid] DANGEROUS?! What are they thinking? Next thing you know it will advise you to drive down roads which don't really exist?!

The lady trys to get you to your destination on the right hand side of the road. Thus it instructs you to make a U-turn instead of turning left against oncoming traffic. At least thats my guess, have had it happen quite a few times

Are you saying that in your justification a U-turn is safer than a left turn??

Hmmmm. :?

Just for the record, left turn instructions are given without consideration for alternatives. When directions are screwed up then it can just as easily be a right turn that is substituted with 3 or 4 left turns to get to a destination that was almost reached.

I know of one destination in the city where the bitch tells me to drive straight past my destination on the right and then orders me to make three left tuns to get back to it. I can go there as often as I like and can reset the destination, the result is always the same.

Mine is a Z1 but it would seem that no improvements were made in the Z2.

They should have replaced the bitch with someone that has a drivers' licence. :lol:

On the U turn thing, I took a 2500 mile trip last weekend. During that trip the navi asked me to make U turns several times. On a couple of occasions it actually stated "Make a legal U turn when possible" This was in Tennessee. That was the first time I heard that message. In some other cases it tried to change my route by making three right turns instead of one left. It does appear that at times it takes traffic laws into account when you are being re-routed. I have a Z1 built in Sept '06.

No, I am telling you why it happens. Its not autopilot, if you see your destination on the left and can turn into it safely, then you should do it. But lots of navigation buyers aren't that smart, morons in fact that think it will totally replace any and all thinking and watching of their surroundings. Thats why they did it, for the safety of "them"

Are you saying that in your justification a U-turn is safer than a left turn??

Hmmmm. :?

It’s not autopilot, if you see your destination on the left and can turn into it safely, then you should do it.

That's called navigating by map which people have been doing for hundreds of years. We're talking about following Pioneer provided electronic DIRECTIONS which supposedly allow you to keep your eyes on the road.

But lots of navigation buyers aren't that smart, morons in fact that think it will totally replace any and all thinking and watching of their surroundings.

What qualifies you to call others 'morons' :?:

Anything to justify your ridiculous defense of errors that obviously exist in the directions given by the Z1 :?:

Having to watch the screen carefully because we don't trust the directions is what's unsafe :!:

Believe me it's no fun and not safe taking a big motor home some extra distance just because you followed the directions given by a Z1 or you didn't take your eyes off the road at the critical moment when the bitch told you to go straight instead of turning to your destination close by.

Friends of mine use a laptop with a GPS and tell me that directions given are almost 100% correct. Pioneer is a looooong way from that.

Thats why they did it, for the safety of "them"

Where do you get your inside information about why they did it :?:

Safety for "them" :?:

Anyone with a drivers license knows how to make a safe left turn :!:

..............It's being accomplished by every driver every day :!::lol:

Seriously, is it that difficult for you to realize why it tells you to make a U-turn or three right turns instead of turning your big ass motorhome left against oncoming traffic??? Like I stated before ITS DESIGNED FOR THE MORONS THAT AREN'T SMART ENOUGH TO ACCOMPLISH WHAT YOU CLAIM HAPPENS EVERY DAY--that being safe driving. Why is it so hard for you to comprehend that??? Its dumbed down for the average person, just like everything else

It’s not autopilot, if you see your destination on the left and can turn into it safely, then you should do it.

That's called navigating by map which people have been doing for hundreds of years. We're talking about following Pioneer provided electronic DIRECTIONS which supposedly allow you to keep your eyes on the road.

But lots of navigation buyers aren't that smart, morons in fact that think it will totally replace any and all thinking and watching of their surroundings.

What qualifies you to call others 'morons' :?:

Anything to justify your ridiculous defense of errors that obviously exist in the directions given by the Z1 :?:

Having to watch the screen carefully because we don't trust the directions is what's unsafe :!:

Believe me it's no fun and not safe taking a big motor home some extra distance just because you followed the directions given by a Z1 or you didn't take your eyes off the road at the critical moment when the bitch told you to go straight instead of turning to your destination close by.

Friends of mine use a laptop with a GPS and tell me that directions given are almost 100% correct. Pioneer is a looooong way from that.

Thats why they did it, for the safety of "them"

Where do you get your inside information about why they did it :?:

Safety for "them" :?:

Anyone with a drivers license knows how to make a safe left turn :!:

..............It's being accomplished by every driver every day :!::lol:

So a person with the word newbie in their S/N wants to argue with a person who has thousands of posts about avics. Gee, I wonder who is going to win :roll:

Ok so there is some smart ass kid who posts more than a 100 times a month (obviously no social live), some of which are too hilarious to be taken serious, and then there is a guy who's been a member for 7 months BUT only posts when he has something of interest to say or ask.

I'll give it to the guy that makes sense!! Making unneccessary U-turns, and turns while driving extra distance can only make sense to the kid that posts this garbage while calling others morons.

This is one of many threads where Pioneer Navi owners are complaining about the flawed routing/directions

and there is no denying that Pioneer has a problem in this area.

The kid's posts, in everyone of those threads, say it's because most drivers are morons and Pioneer needs to look out for them (while making owners of their high end navis very unhappy and looking elsewhere!).

He claims that Pioneer intentionally created software that forces drivers to drive extra distance (53 km extra in one documented case!) and make extra turns and U-turns to keep them safe. :lol::lol::lol:

Directions are of little value IF one has to keep looking at the screen to see if there are errors or a shorter route.

I don't see where anyone is arguing. One is posting garbage for the sake of posting and the other one is dismayed about the flawed Pioneer routing, as are the originator of this thread and so many other owners.

So a person with the word newbie in their S/N wants to argue with a person who has thousands of posts about avics. Gee, I wonder who is going to win :roll:

Ok so there is some smart ass kid who posts more than a 100 times a month (obviously no social live), some of which are too hilarious to be taken serious, and then there is a guy who's been a member for 7 months BUT only posts when he has something of interest to say or ask.

I'll give it to the guy that makes sense!! Making unneccessary U-turns, and turns while driving extra distance can only make sense to the kid that posts this garbage while calling others morons.

This is one of many threads where Pioneer Navi owners are complaining about the flawed routing/directions

and there is no denying that Pioneer has a problem in this area.

The kid's posts, in everyone of those threads, say it's because most drivers are morons and Pioneer needs to look out for them (while making owners of their high end navis very unhappy and looking elsewhere!).

He claims that Pioneer intentionally created software that forces drivers to drive extra distance (53 km extra in one documented case!) and make extra turns and U-turns to keep them safe. :lol::lol::lol:

Directions are of little value IF one has to keep looking at the screen to see if there are errors or a shorter route.

I don't see where anyone is arguing. One is posting garbage for the sake of posting and the other one is dismayed about the flawed Pioneer routing, as are the originator of this thread and so many other owners.

ahh... so the smart ass who reads all these 100s of post a month has more of a social life than the one who posts it. Makes much more sense now... :roll:

• 5 months later...

ahh... so the smart ass who reads all these 100s of post a month has more of a social life than the one who posts it. Makes much more sense now... :roll:

Who says that I read them? I just did a quick check back then.

More to the point: Fact is that the Z2 has corrected some of the routing problems and that those idiotic and totally unnessary detours are now the exeption rather then the norm. :lol:

Jan 2008:

I take that back! After going on several trips since this post I've come to realize that the routing is just as bad in the Z2 as it was in the Z1. :?