AVIC411.com

BLUETOOTH, NAVTRAFFIC, STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS!!!

Okay, bear with me. Had ND-BT1 BLUETOOTH adapter installed by best guy in Monterey...When someone calls me, THE PERSON CALLING ME, they get A LOT of feedback. Have Voice Volume turned to 0+4 beeps (read as not up loud at all). Any idea how to get rid of that feedback on the calling persons part?

Need to know if anyone has any ideas on a good steering wheel control module for a BMW X-5. I want my steering wheel controls back!!!!

I have XM, but no NAVTRAFFIC. When I do the CHECK XM STATUS On page 75 of the book, it shows that XM is "Not Connected", but I have XM Radio. Did the install dudes install it wrong???? Would this be possible?

I'm kind of frustrated.

Thanks ya'll..

Semper Fi,
James
Okay, I learned about NAVTRAFFIC Today.... need to go bitch at the install guy I've been using. He put the GEXP920 in when he did the install. First, he knows I don't do much half ass, so not including the tuner with the NAVTRAFFIC is a waste (unless he considered I'm in Monterey and not back in Washington, DC)

Second, he charged me $149.00 + 50.00 for install for a total of $199.00

Seems high to me since he can get teh 920 all day long for $99.00

My total for the system in My BMW X5 is as follows:
AVIC Z1 2299.00 installed price
GEXP920 XM Tuner 149.00
XM INSTALL 50.00
Custom Dash Trim 100.00
MET 40EU10 Ant Wire 19.99
ND BT-1 Blue Tooth 197.00 installed price
TAX 186.00

TOTAL About $3000.00
wow all the things that you just sayd come out to be around 2200-2400 $ for the amount of money you payd you need to get allot more of service and about the bluetooth mic try to install it above the rear view mirror and the volume of the speaker about 3 bars most of the voice problem becuse the mic is neer the speakers try it out about the money you payd you need to do some price compere next time !!!!
[quote name="marinecorps_1775"]Okay, bear with me. Had ND-BT1 BLUETOOTH adapter installed by best guy in Monterey...When someone calls me, THE PERSON CALLING ME, they get A LOT of feedback. Have Voice Volume turned to 0+4 beeps (read as not up loud at all). Any idea how to get rid of that feedback on the calling persons part? [/quote]

Yah you can chage the speaker where the sound comes out and the location of the mic, I got 4 bars after tweaking a lot and it's ok, one more bump up on the volume and the other caller gets an echo. I think it's a fault in pioneer's noise cancelation software. Maybe they will fix it some day.

[quote name="marinecorps_1775"]Need to know if anyone has any ideas on a good steering wheel control module for a BMW X-5. I want my steering wheel controls back!!!!
[/quote]

Look at the PAC SWI-PS.
[url=http://www.pac-audio.com/products/productsCatagory.asp?mmSearch=Steering%20Wheel%20Interface]http://www.pac-audio.com/products/produ ... 0Interface[/url]
There are some BMW's which aren't supported:
[url=http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogramming/swixprogramming.asp]http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogrammin ... amming.asp[/url]
But maybe yours isn't one of them
"wow all the things that you just sayd come out to be around 2200-2400 $ for"

I was the first person in Monterey to get the Z1...price to the dealer was $2000.00

Blue Tooth is $200.00 installed and XM should have run $150.00 installed. Tax was $186.00. Best I figured I could have done would have been $2536.00 and add about $400 for installation, I figured $3000.00 was about right???

There isn't much in the way of service her in Monterey, only three guys in town that do custom work.
i don't know why they charge you twice for installation, you payd to install the bluetooth adapter and then to install xm and 400 $ for install the unit it self you can buy it off ebay at 1500-1600 from good sellers tax include the bt adapter i know it's hard to get i payd 160 about a month ago and the z1 1560 the xm with nav trafic 170 every thing on ebay
it's probably cuz u drive a bimmer, the shop always ask you what car you drive before giving you a quote, partly to know how much work, and partly to know how much to charge (depends on how rich you are)
I paid almost $2500 for everything including next day air (I WILL NOT ship anything this valuable or delicate ground) I know I could have saved some money by buying elsewhere, but I bought from a place that has incredible customer service and will flat take care of you if you have a problem with their product. To me, that's worth a lot of money.
I paid about $2500 for the:

AVIC-Z1
ND-BT1
GEX-P10XMT XM w/ NavTraffic
CD-IB100II iPod interface
2 x PowerAcoustik SL4-1000 amps
Boston Acoustic SL-60
Boston Acoustic SL-65
and all the power, RCA, and speaker wires...

I did all the install myself, also, the above price doesn't include S/H on all the Pioneer stuff..

LK
[quote name="ducatiboy"]...snip...Yah you can chage the speaker where the sound comes out...snip... [/quote]

You know Steve, when I read that I thought to myself what in the world is he talking about?? So I popped up the file for the manual and started looking into it again. Sure enough...on Page 156....it's right there. Good catch! I am amazed at how everytime I read that darn manual I discover something new this unit will do!!