AVIC411.com

AVIC Z2 Install in 05 Rsx Type s

Here is my AVIC Z2 Install. i did everything myself it came out pretty good i must say. i also dont have any experiance what so ever with car electronics. this is my first stereo that i have ever done. i just read the manual and that was pretty much it. i bypassed the factory amp, so the amp is out of the car as well as the sub

AVIC Z2 w/ Bluetooth and ipod

this is what i took out to make the install a little easier. i just took everything out that way i could run the wires without a problem

2301DSCN0730.jpg

530DSCN0738.jpg

8318DSCN0743.jpg

7492DSCN0770.jpg

i mounted the mic right next to the mirror switch

5744DSCN0764.jpg

the ipod cable is in the glove box that way its out of sight and plus i can hook the ipod up and then throw it in there and use the touch screen to make it work

4639DSCN0775.jpg

2691DSCN0768.jpg

the mic works, but everyone i talk to says they hear an echo. i dont know how to make that stop, the manual says turn down the volume and it should work.

yes that is a type r shift knob and everything else in the interior is type r.

The echo has alot to do with the mic placement as well (like misfit was saying) and also with the mic picking up the sound of the voices over the cars speakers.

So if everything in the interior is type r, I hope that what REALLY matters is type R as well. K20a in there? Or are you frontin? lol :D

• 2 weeks later...

no k20a, i might supercharge in the future so it would be just a big waste of money to get the k20a. it would benice just to say i have it but the only thing my car is missing from the k20a is the lsd and the 11.5 compression ratio. which if i supercharge it would be better to have a lower compression so thats why i am sticking with my motor.

no k20a, i might supercharge in the future so it would be just a big waste of money to get the k20a. it would benice just to say i have it but the only thing my car is missing from the k20a is the lsd and the 11.5 compression ratio. which if i supercharge it would be better to have a lower compression so thats why i am sticking with my motor.

Hmm.... SC? Why not turbo? What SC were you thinkin on going with? Also what EMS were you thinking about? You K guys use kpro dont you? I'd probably go with a stand alone to be honest. You setup for auto-x, road course, or drag?

• 2 weeks later...

i have a sc 06 type s and chose the sc over turbo for reliability and power on demand. i hit 299 to the wheels which is plenty. and to the ts is that a scosche dash kit painted to match? if so what kind of paint did you use, more specifically what is the color called?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yea sorry for the delay. the trim kit is the sosche kit. i used black bumper paint i beleive to paint it. u can get it at any auto supply store. i used that becasue someone else recommended it.

also i mounted the ipod unit and the blue tooth unit behind the avic unit i think i stuck them on my factory air box or something. i suppose there not in the best location but no problems yet. the ipod cable goes into my glove box that way i can hook up the ipod and throw it in there. the blue tooth mic is mounted by my sunroof switch. im thinking about relocating it because i get really bad echo. anyone have any ideas on how to fix that?