AVIC411.com

AVIC Z2 Install in 05 Rsx Type s

I have the RSX-S as well. Nice job on the install, looks similar to mine. But I didn't take out the Bose sub and amp... I just tapped into the amp with an RCA adapter and it worked perfectly.

The extra output from the Z1/2 really makes a difference in our cars as the factory Bose amp really lacks in power. You can actually feel the subwoofer when the Z1/2 is controlling it. I remember how ineffective the factory deck was.

i ended up making a little mount holdes the mic on top of the steering column.

pretty good clarity and semi-hidden...

i would have preferred to have done what you did with the flush mount - that that covers the noise cancelling portion of the barrell (probably what is creating ur echo).

• 1 month later...

Very nice install both himsweet66six and NoId!!

I also have an 06 Type-S and just got my Z2 in today. I plan on keeping the Bose Amp and Sub using the Metra 70-1725 wiring Harness.

I was thinking on installing the mic where NoId installed it, but im concerned that it might not work well on that location since I have an Injen intake which is pretty loud.

Thanks

I have the RSX-S as well. Nice job on the install, looks similar to mine. But I didn't take out the Bose sub and amp... I just tapped into the amp with an RCA adapter and it worked perfectly.

The extra output from the Z1/2 really makes a difference in our cars as the factory Bose amp really lacks in power. You can actually feel the subwoofer when the Z1/2 is controlling it. I remember how ineffective the factory deck was.

Did you use the Metra 70-1725 or how did you connect the amp and sub to the HU? if you did, where did you connect the Metra's RCA's?

thanks