AVIC411.com

GEX-P10XMT weak sound from left speakers

Hello, I installed my XM tuner on friday and everything was great, sound was awesome and I even listened it for hours when working on my friends car, no problems.

Started my car today and there is very little sound coming from my left speakers on XM only, everything else is fine. Using the fader if I fade to the left, the sound is weak, if I fade to the right the sound is strong.

I tried a new antenna, reset the box and my Z2, and even disconnected my battery for like 20 mins, still no change.

Do you think the XM tuner box went bad?

Thanks!

Did you check the P-bus cable? Maybe it is damaged or not plugged in all the way

Well I just got in from replacing the IP Bus cable and that was it! I originally installed the TERK XM direct adapter which I got for like $10 off of ebay and when I connected power to it, I blew a fuse, so I said screw it and left the ip bus cable in and just plugged the pioneer piece into it when I got it, leaving the terk cable. I replaced it with the Pioneer cable and it's all good! Never would have blamed the cable.... I love simple solutions

Thanks!

• 5 months later...