AVIC411.com

Pioneer BAckup Camera

Good Evening Everyone,

Has anyone had the opportunity to use, or even see, the new backup camera package that Pioneer has released? It is their part number ND-BC20PA, and it would appear that it is quite an interesting item.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Saw it on a display at a show, but haven't on a car yet. Pretty cool, gives you a top-down view as well as the typical camera angle and the parking lines are kinda neat. The colors looked more realisitic than my NDBC1 too but that was in a display, not outdoors so it may have been the room

• 1 month later...

thanks whtcrxghst

if you have to chose between the 2 models ?? which one will you take ?? (the new one is nearly the twice price than the older).

is this "parking distance control" is a cool feature ??, i think this is the only difference , no??

cali

ps if you have a video to share with the new camera in action ??

I don't back into spaces that often or tow anything so the regular one is good enough for me, but if I was buying one for the first time, I might go with the new one (throwing away the $250 one to buy the $400 one isn't really an option for me.) If you hook up a trailor often, the different view will come in handy and the parking control would be helpful if I ever backed in tight spaces

Yes, there is regular view, and a sort of aerial view. The parking lines are like a square that is on the screen, the lines go from green to yellow to red so you know when you are about to hit something

I don't understand the parking lines. I'm pretty excited to find out. If I understand the other feature correctly, it can switch from looking down at the ball hitch to looking back at the trailer?

My BC2 has a wide enough angle that I can see the towing ball and over the top off the boat. Backing using the camera I am learning as I use the camera, the parking lines may would help some. I can just about judge to stop right before I am going to bump something. I really wanted the camera so that I could back up to the hitch ball without getting out of the car ten times and to back a jet ski into the water. I do not think I would pay the additional money.

Lee

Has anyone determined the quality of the image generated by such a small camera, and with such a small lens? The lens appears to be quite small, say around 3/16"?

Also, do the on-screen lines go away when using it in Map View, that is as a rear view mirror type of device as opposed to a parking assist device. My guess is it would be really aggravating to have those lines there all the time!

Comments??