AVIC411.com

Z2 Bypass Update

Thats good to hear, but I'm sure that whoever told you that (assuming he works for Pioneer) would be in very deep legal trouble if they were to "release" a bypass for the z2.

Lawsuits galore as the intent of the z2 (nag screen) contradicts with what the pioneer rep is doing by spreading word about releasing a bypass.

my inside pioneer source confirmed again today that there will not be a bypass for the z2. but on a good note, sales of the z2 have been so poor due to the non bypass, that it will be written out of the z3, d4, and n4. we will be able to find bypasses on those units

if sales are hurting im sure they would have "leaked" a bypass to keep sales moving. Kinda like the ps3 and the wii, look how the modchip boom has taken off. Im sure their bypass is software related, would be the easiest thing for them to do for testing and to not have any lawsuits. also dreamtoyz since you just ratted on your rep im sure he wont let you know now.

Hi there, I am long time reader and once a Z1 owner, before someone ripped it out of my truck. Since then I have moved, beefed up my alarm system and got a garage. I have been putting off buying a new Z2, waiting to hear more about if a by-pass is possible. My question is, with this latest information would be be better to try to find an old Z1 and have it by-passed and not upgrade it to the Z2, not caring about the new enhanced features? Honestly, the 2 short months that I did have the Z1, everything worked fine with me. So is it worth to buy the Z1, wait for the Z3 update to come out and upgrade it then? Thanks.

Please do not mis qoute my post. We have been working hard on on Z2 bypass in the shop, but gave up hope until we heard a buzz that a real bypass may surface soon. This info did not come from a Pioneer affiliate, but rather other hacker/moders. We recieve tons of emails and calls here regarding the Z2 and I have told everyone that contacts us that if I here anything it will be posted here.

What really has me wondering is what exactly is holding up the Z1->Z2 update. Posts on here suggested that they were adding some other features/fixes beyond what the Z2 is (map updates over the Z1, oh and a little Z2 on the front! :P ).