AVIC411.com

Avic Z2 Navigation shows moving while stopped

I think that someone else had this problem here and it turned out that his vss wasn't connected properly. I think that there is usually a sensor wire that detects engine speed. Is it possible that your vss is connected to this wire by mistake? This would show you moving as long as the engine was running.

I have this problem when my key is in the ignition but the engine is not running, when I turn the key (not enough to start the car but enough to power all the electrical's up) it shows normal. I think the VSS gives a funky reading on some cars when the car isnt running or fully powered.

I have this problem when my key is in the ignition but the engine is not running, when I turn the key (not enough to start the car but enough to power all the electrical's up) it shows normal. I think the VSS gives a funky reading on some cars when the car isnt running or fully powered.

What kind of vehicle and where'd you pick up the vss. I've yet to see that problem.

Its a 2003 Benz, the VSS speed shows perfect when the power is on or engine is running, when the key is in the other position the speed shows like 200km/h or something.
Sounds like the wrong wire is hooked up or the Vss connection is faulty giving a bad feedback. Check the connection if that looks good double check that it’s the correct wire hooked up. If not sure then unplug the Vss wire and see if it still does the same thing.

my car is a 96 jeep grand cherokee. The problem with the moving issue while in parked or stopped was not always there. I've had the Z2 installed for about 2 months now and that moving issue has only just started about a week or so ago. How do I find the vss wire for my vehicle to see if it is in fact connected properly or at all? I used to have the N1 and I recall it doing the same thing too. (both were professionally installed)

• 3 weeks later...

I can't guarantee that this will help but it sounds like something called the Chrysler Creep. I had a Siemens VDO Dayton nav system in my Saab 9-2x. The VSS was connected correctly, but the positioner would tell me I'm moving when coming to a full stop. Turns out the VSS signal needed to be modulated. I purchased a sine wave converter that was essentially a square wave converter and used it to filter the VSS signal. Cured the problem instantly.

You may want to ask a professional installer if they've seen this happen with the Pioneer AVIC's.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've an avic d3 installed on a benz c 2002 and I've the same problem. When the key is on ACC, the speed shows more than 200km/h. When I turn the key to on without start the engine, all is ok. When I start the car and when I drive, all is ok. I use a pioneer adapter CA-R-PI.131 which generates speed pulses. Could the problem come from the adapter ? Thanks