AVIC411.com

iPhone pairs up with the Z2

ust to let anyone know... I was able to get it paired to the Z2 tonight... of course, I haven't tried a phone call yet because it's 12:49am and I might piss some people off calling them, but I thought I'd let you know that boths units at least saw each other and paired.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

am gonna go get the iphone tomorrow/later and test it with the Z1. Should work too though :). The thing I'm curious about...I have the iPod hook up...i wonder if it works on the iPhone as a charger and POSSIBLY get it to work on the Z1 screen...eventhough I doubt it.

The iPhone is amazing :) - I love it so far.

I made a phone call this morning through the Z2 and it works good.

Only thing I can't figure out is how to transfer contacts. When I do the "get bus cards" thing from the Z2 it tell me to send them from my phone, and I can't figure out how to do that.

am gonna go get the iphone tomorrow/later and test it with the Z1. Should work too though :). The thing I'm curious about...I have the iPod hook up...i wonder if it works on the iPhone as a charger and POSSIBLY get it to work on the Z1 screen...eventhough I doubt it.

Don't know... I'm a bit afraid to try it, but I'm on the phone with Apple now (holding) to ask them about transferring the contacts and I'll ask them if it can hook up to the car adaptor.

My wife tried it last night with our Z1, but no luck. It can see the iPhone, says "follow the directions on your phone" but there are no direction on the phone.

Did you do anything special to get the Z2 to pair?

Make sure bluetooth is turned on on the iPhone.

It should detect the Pioneer.

Then hold the "menu" button down on the Z1 (assuming it's the same as the Z2) to open the phone menu... hit "phone settings", then "register".

On the iPhone, at that point, you should be prompted for the password. 1111 is the default.

It should then pair.

• 2 weeks later...

I found that the quality of my calls increased dramatically with the iPhone and the AT&T service on my Z1 versus my old phone the razar and Tmobile. The people I call now say that they can hear me much better and they do not hear the roar of my engine each time I shift. Plus not even a slight hint of echo – no echo at all.

When receiving or making a call the phone also lets you choose between the car speakers or the phone’s ear piece (it will default to the car speakers if nothing is chosen). This is nice for those times when things are loud around you or you need to make the call more private from the people in the car with you.

During a call it will also switch to the phone’s ear piece automatically when you get out of the car – unlike the razar were you had to push a button.

When you plug in the phone and it talks about incapability and do you want to go to switch to airport mode – say no. It is compatible and we will be able to send contact information to the Z1/Z2 in future releases of the iPhone software.

Hear are some things that helped me:

1. Turn off your phone once a day (this will greatly help reduce dropped calls and quirks when surfing the net)

2. Do not leave the phone in your car during the summer heat (heat will reduce the life of the battery in your phone – heat is a killer on the long term use of a battery)

3. To extend the amount of battery time you have between charges:

A. Turn off blue tooth when not in use – I only use it when I’m in the car

B. Turn off WiFi when not in use

C. Video is the number one battery hog and second is taking pictures

Andrew

So. I was in amazement yesterday when i saw a 2007 Mercedes S550 with its fancy navigation bluetooth nonsense pull my contact info right from my iPhone. Just connected the iPhone over bluetooth put in the pass-code. On the mercedes you push "phone address book". It says reading device and 5 seconds later BOOM, its all there. Why cant any of the AVIC's do this please tell. The iPhone doesn't have OPP so how is this possible?

• 1 month later...
So. I was in amazement yesterday when i saw a 2007 Mercedes S550 with its fancy navigation bluetooth nonsense pull my contact info right from my iPhone. Just connected the iPhone over bluetooth put in the pass-code. On the mercedes you push "phone address book". It says reading device and 5 seconds later BOOM, its all there. Why cant any of the AVIC's do this please tell. The iPhone doesn't have OPP so how is this possible?

My BMW pairs fine with my Iphone and pulls the phone book as well...My sister's Lexus pairs but does not pull the contacts...

in other words....it's a shortcoming from both the Iphone and the avic.....

since most Nav units do not pull the contacts...and the crazy amount of people complaining about the lack of BT VCard push of the Iphone, it really falls into Apple's hands to release this functionality in an Iphone update....or at least that is what I'm hoping for....

as for now....I just manually typed in my favorites into my Z2, and use voice commands to dial and talk hands free...

[edit]ooppss...kinda old thread....