AVIC411.com

Crazy bluetooth

I just installed my ND-BT1 and it paired perfectly using the mobile option with my cingular treo 650, although I could not get it to pair through the navi. option. Now, calls will route through my treo to the z1 and then through the speakers but I cannot dial directly from the Z1. Anyone hear of anything like this? I have read many PDA phones will not pair correctly with the Z1. What is with either palm or Pioneer to not allow PDA phones to pair well with each other
Very Common with the Treo...They suck when it comes to Bluetooth compared to cheaper phones. That is just the problems that I used to deal with on the Treo. I thought it was just crappy Bluetooth headsets, but it was the phone. Even the newer Treo 700's are crappy on Bluetooth.
[quote name="HeavenSoldier"]Why is everyone buying the bluetooth thing when I heard it's not available on crutchfield because it's been recalled because of some faults? So is everyone now using the faulty model?[/quote]

Where did you hear this? Mine's working flawlessly.
Crutchfield filled all their backorders the other day and had 50 left over for sale. I posted the info here and by noon that day, they were all gone. I don't know where you heard there was a problem with the Bluetooth module because I've never heard anything official about that and mine works perfectly.
[quote name="ImolaVirus"]yes, I agree...and I am stupid. I have the Treo 700, and STILL have the BlueTooth on order. I know it won't work, but I ordered it anyway, because it's cool. Maybe I can get it to work.....ugh huh,[/quote]

I have a 700p from Sprint and it works "ok". Couple issues:
1) Caller ID info on the Z1 is always wrong, most of the time it displays the last caller, and not the actual call that's coming threw.
2) Every single person I have talked to can hear themselves. My mic is in the middle of the car, and the audio is coming out of the left speaker. I have the caller volume so low that I can barley hear them, and they still hear them selves, I hate it. I only use the speaker to listen to voicemail, people get to irritated hearing them selves echo into the phone.
[quote name="dj2ndnature"](2) Every single person I have talked to can hear themselves. My mic is in the middle of the car, and the audio is coming out of the left speaker. I have the caller volume so low that I can barley hear them, and they still hear them selves, I hate it. I only use the speaker to listen to voicemail, people get to irritated hearing them selves echo into the phone.[/quote]

I have my mic at the top of the driver's pillar to the left of the sun visor. I have the voice coming from the right speaker. I have never, ever had echo be a problem. I have the volume somewhere around 4 bars if I recall. Whatever it is, I can hear just fine. Microphone placement is the key. You need to get it away from the speaker as far as possible.
I think that any Bluetooth phone should work with the ND-BT1, but I also though I saw somewhere that certain phones just did not work; like Blackberry devices. I also was able to look at the ND-BT1 manual on-line, but now I can't. Any idea where to see it without ordering it and paying for it? I though it has a lsit of phone?
I think that any Bluetooth phone should work with the ND-BT1, but I also though I saw somewhere that certain phones just did not work; like Blackberry devices. I also was able to look at the ND-BT1 manual on-line, but now I can't. Any idea where to see it without ordering it and paying for it? I though it has a lsit of phone?