AVIC411.com

Crazy bluetooth

I think that any Bluetooth phone should work with the ND-BT1, but I also though I saw somewhere that certain phones just did not work; like Blackberry devices. I also was able to look at the ND-BT1 manual on-line, but now I can't. Any idea where to see it without ordering it and paying for it? I though it has a lsit of phone?
My mic is on the left pillar next to the sun visor as well and I can here fine but people are saying that it sounds like I am really far away and its quiete anoying. I also here that they can't here me.

Anyone tried to find a better mic, maybe one with noise cancelling, or a foam cover?
I have been having the same "echo" problem....I sound fine, but the caller hears their own voice echo too much, where it is actually too annoying for anyone to talk to me this way. My mic is on the left pillar, up high, and I recently switched my phone to come out of the right speaker....turning the volume down to a very quiet volume (3 bars) seems to make things more tolerable for the caller - I am going to try some foam or even tape up the side holes on the mic - see if that makes it more uni-directional.

As well, I use my Blackberry 7250 paired with the Z1 perfectly...it really works well. I actually have the blackberry sitting in a custom mounting bracket between the two centre air vents (bought it from proclipusa.com) and can either dial directly from touching a speed-dial button or scrolling the phonebook on the blackberry directly (then it connects through the Z1 to place the call) or can call directly from the Z1 itself. I really love the ease of use in calling this way - and the blackberry phone book is so easy to scroll when mounted on the dash like this. In terms of downloading the Blackberry phone book, I have not tried it yet. I started to import a business card the other night, it then disconnects the Blackberry from bluetooth and I think you may need to then push phone book entries from the Blackberry, but I have not spent any time on it yet. Honestly, it is so easy to dial from the Blackberry, and its screen is right above my Z1 on the dash, that I think that I would rather keep my Z1 phone book entries to a minimum, so if anything did ever happen and someone broke into my truck, they would not have all of my phone book info.
I'll try the tape and some other things and see if I can improve the "echo" issue further and let you know...
Guest mictlan
I just got an e-mail from Pioneer suppor that the Treo 650 is NOT supported by the AVIC-z1. I replied asking if they plan to support it at all. I haven't heard back yet.

The email as as follows:

"The TREO 650 is not supported by the AVIC-Z1 bluetooth system. Sorry.

Thank You,

Adhama
Customer Service Representative"
[quote name="HeavenSoldier"] [quote name="tgrove"]they are NOT faulty, there is no recall... they are on national backorder because pioneer cant make them fast enough[/quote]

Oh okay sorry :D Just thought I saw it on this forum or another forum somewhere about a backorder, guess I was wrong? Thanks and God Bless[/quote]

You weren't wrong...there was in fact a recall on some ND-BT1 units. However, the recall was not for individual consumer, but to retailers. I guess if you complained and took it back then the retailer would switch it...then send that back to Pioneer.

The owner of "Sound of TriState," a friend of mine...refused to sell me one of the eight he had because they were scheduled to be returned to Pioneer... He told me specifically that Pioneer advised that he returned that shipment because of connectivity error amoung other things.

Yes...there was a back log, but there was also a recall. Just because you didn't hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
[quote name="03Aviator"]There was nothing mentioned about any recall or replacement by Pioneer. Just because your buddy says so doesn't make it so either....[/quote]

Why don't you ask Pioneer yourself. Several units were in fact recalled.

My "buddy" is the owner of "Sound of Tri-State." As a matter of fact, I recently asked him again and he confirmed. Not every Tom, Dick, and 03Aviator was informed...only those in the know. Sound of Tri-State is an authorized Pioneer dealer, and while there I spoke with the Pioneer Sales Mgr myself. During our conversation we talked about ND-BT1 and bypass... If My "buddy" and Pioneer Sales Mgr says Pioneer recalled units and refused to let me have the ones he had in stock...then there was a recall. I did try to confirm with my other "buddy" at discountcarstereo.com and he said he wasn't aware of the recall. Nonetheless, he surmised that it was based on individual dealer complaints about customer returns due to issues.

Hey, feel free to call 302.792.7823 and ask for Kelly...he is the mgr at sound of tri-state...My "buddy" the owner doesn't answer the phones (he pays people for that.

I am not debating the point...I don't have a stake in whether or not there was or wasn't a recall. just sharing info. However, since you have yours and I have mine...no harm done, right?
  • 1 month later...