AVIC411.com

would you let Circuit City do free install your new Z2 nav?

would you let Circuit City do free install your new Z2 nav?

They're curreint offering free installation on the Z2.

I have a 20%-off coupon, brining the $2100 price

down to $1680.(plus sales tax, of course) The coupon

was a promo gift from my local credit union.

I have already ordered the Z2 on Circuit City's website.

Entered the coupon's online code and my total is $1763.99.

(local tax included) I selected in-store pick-up at the

Circuit City a couple of miles from my office.

On my order confirmation email, it simply shows that they

took off $59 from the price of the Z2, as well as $100 off

the FireDog Nav install, making the install free. (FireDog

Nav install is normally $159)

What will happen if I go pick up the Z2, but tell them I

want to return the FireDog installation? Will I get only

$59 back?

My question is, should I trust the installers at Circuit City

to install the Z2 nav in my brand-new, 2-day-old car?

YEah you'll only get the $59 back. As for can you trust them, couldn't tell you since I don't know where you are, and probably don't know anyone in the shop your talking about. Best bet is to find people who've had vehicle's worked on at that shop.

I purchased mine from Crutchfield with the 15% off coupon, along with the XM NavTraffic, Sirius, and Bluetooth. I also had an amp and sub installed.

They had my car from 9am to 11pm, and I still had to go back the next day for another 4 hours. I used a factory harness so it was a pretty basic install. There was a space between the dash kit and the unit so they tried to build a trim piece and it looked horrible. They then tried to fix it and broke the entire dash kit. I then had it fixed at a better shop. They refunded me the install cost.

They would not touch the VSS on my vehicle.

When I left the second time my ABS light came on and had to go to Audi to get a shorted out module fixed. They were not 100% sure it was from CC.

The install was on an S4.

I just got my Z2 installed tonight at Circuit City and they did a nice job. Even ran an RCA-to-minijack cable for my MP3 player discreetly thru my dash (I was using a cassette adapter before!). However, my ride is a 2004 Ford Freestar van, so I wasn't too worried about them damaging anything. For the record, it took less than the 2 hours they estimated, and it is seamlessly integrated with my dash.

I work at a best buy, and if the car is really nice and the owners are pricks we won't touch it. We have had too many customer's come back and try to say that we did all this bull damage to their cars. The best false claim was some customer from another store claimed that after a best buy installer installed subs their front window cracked..haha gotta love stupid people

Anyways, if your that concerned with your car take it to someone who deals with luxury/highend cars everyday because you don't know what fool could be working at best buy or circuit city and probably doesn't know what a vss is in the first place.

Ok, stupid question. What is VSS and why is it important they know what it is?

VSS= vehicle speed sensor

it helps with accuracy especially when there is no gps signal i.e. in a tunnel or a very dense tree lined road. it works with the internal gyros to keep your location updated on the map.

I think each Circuit City is different, since it's not really CC doing the install, but the individual installer. With CC, just like Best Buy and many others, you have some inexperienced guys, but usually there is a "pro" somewhere in the picture.

This is not your standard navigation system install for $159. I had a Z2 with bluetooth, ipod and Sirius modules installed for $185, at CC in Florence KY. About 4 hours. I talked with the installer beforehand and I felt like he was very competent. My post may be pre-mature since I just got the car back yesterday, but so far it looks great and everything works fine.

By the way, this was in a 2007 Saturn Outlook. It's a new vehicle for 2007 and it was a little tough finding all the right installation pieces and modules. But CC did a very nice job.

PS: don't forget to add another $150 or so for the GM LAN module to interface with the Onstar system if your vehicle is so equipped.

Tony