AVIC411.com

Ive been having the hot no start issue....the skipping of songs in the library...then she died!

It was not even during a hot start...it stopped working in the am after being pulled out of my garage. The unit froze up at the pioneer screen, and has been there ever sence...no reset can help it now...shes dead...off to service she must go...

LOL..I for one am really glad I got another Pioneer product...I am really pleased with all my elite H/T equipment...too bad this isnt of the same quality

I've read on this forum that they are going to release that update disk at the end of the month...

Im sure thats possible..you know how it is with big companies...speak to 8 different people and get 16 different answers LOL

16??? don't you know that number of answers you get grows exponentially???

:lol:

dimaj

Pioneer receved the unit on Wed of last week, sent it back to me and I received it on Monday..Quick turnaround!

The unit was "NTF" No trouble found...which is amazing to me as it wouldnt boot up at all when it left me.

So I called Pioneer and spoke to a tech, he stated that they are aware of the hot start issue but are unable to figure out the issue...

If I am to have an additional problem, send it back and we will either replace the hard drive or the whole unit, he stated.

I installed the unit, all works except for the speed pulse which may be a wire that came loose after unistall / reinstall. THey didnt reset the unit as all my library songs were on the drive and my home setting was still in the program. Hopefully the unit will not have the hot start anymore :o LOL

This is so strange, how it will effect some drives and not seem to on others.

Mine is a may '07 build date, and it has started up everytime even in 100+ degree days after sitting in the sun all day.

everytime I get in my hot truck I worry about it, because of this board. especially since my truck is a diesel, so the unit starts booting for a few seconds, then gets cut off while the truck starts after the glow plugs are heated.