AVIC411.com

Removing Hard Drive on a June Z2 without power

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a full image, intended to be imaged on a new drive, replacing your old drive. If you want the CD update, you'll have to wait for Pioneer to officially release an update.

Depending on the differences (I personally dont have a pre-june unit so I can't test) it may be possible to unlock your Z2, copy a few files on there to update the unit.

Well, I'll confirm that the flasher bypass still doesn't work, and inserting the zero-byte file made no difference. I'll pull it out to do the 2-wire this week, since i haven't had the need to do that yet.

Can you verify the version numbers for pre-june vs june? I haven't seen that posted anywhere yet...

Well, I'll confirm that the flasher bypass still doesn't work, and inserting the zero-byte file made no difference. I'll pull it out to do the 2-wire this week, since i haven't had the need to do that yet.

Can you verify the version numbers for pre-june vs june? I haven't seen that posted anywhere yet...

In the Hardware Info screen, it says 02.000, I'm not sure what the old one said.

this week :shock:

Grr just pull it

Once it's confirmed that replacing the hard drive with this image enables the bypass, then it'll get uploaded to a torrent somewhere. There's no point in doing it till it's verified.

A few ppl have the image already, and are testing it, so just be a little bit more patient.

Damn, that sucks. So does that mean that the June 2007 models also don't bypass :?: Also, I read in another forum a person claiming that if the parking brake wire was flashed at boot up it would bypass. I don't have a Z2 to try it on at the moment, and I could not find on another forum whether it was tried or not.