AVIC411.com

Z2 w/ GEX-P10XMT installed - replace antenna?

It's as much a cosmetic issue as the signal for me. I have an area that there is a slight dip/valley (maybe 75-100') with high trees on both sides of the road. I lose signal there. In my garage I get a limited signal. (Two story wood frame home).

The other issue is that the magnet may be an issue in a car wash. I tend to not use ones that touch the car but a strong jet could cause an issue.

Anyone using it (AM antenna) on the dash? (will read for post on that idea as well)

-Mike

If your antenna is picking up any signal in the garage, you are living in an area where there are terrestrial repeaters.

this would make me think it would work on the dash, but probably with still the weak signal, that may dissapear periodically as you drive around.

I have personally never had any problems with the magnet holding any of the three on the top of my truck.

even after going through a couple of car washes with brushes they only got pushed around a bit.

I put my XM and GPS antenna in my dash.

I found that putting under the dash provided a VERY weak signal...but I did a bunch of testing in various locations etc...

I ended up making a sheet metal "shelf" about 6" wide X 10" long. I put the shelf in the VERY top of the dash (behind the climate control knobs on an 06 RSX). Put both antennas on this piece....

To be honest, I have as good of a signal (if not better) than when I had them on my roof.

Wish I would have taken pictures of what I did...hopefully my explanation kinda sums it up.