AVIC411.com

That would be good wouldn't it.

My touch screen was non funtional so I had to use the remote controller

1. RESET and EJECT buttons simultaneously.

2. Release RESET button only.

3. When “password entry screen†is displayed, release EJECT button.

4. Enter the password: 8 1 8 3 7 2 0 8

5. When the password has been entered, press ENTER key on the remote.

6. After about 3 seconds the menu screen will appear. From there I could Recalibrate my screen...Phew!!

Thanks to John P. for the help on the code!!

I am not sure how you would do it without the remote, I'll check with JohnP. and see if he knows.

Here is a list of the pages:

1. Version check

2. Error log

3. Format FLASH drive

4. Erase APL-file in FLASH

5. Clear backup memory

6. GPS backup data clear

7. GYRO SENSOR INFO data clear

8. Port status information

Page 2

1.Change to display error [Message]

2. Start within debug shell[Disc & Card]

3. Program loading

4. GPS assessment[On]

5. File maintenance

6. Program forced write

Page 3

1. SRAM / SDRAM test

3. RGB test

2. SENSOR test

4. MS5 check

5. Region code

Don't ask me what they do... I have no idea! I was just trying to recalibrate my touchscreen. Use at your own risk...good luck

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In my case I bought from an ebay seller and although the item is new I'm stuck with a paypal claim. Until that is cleared up and it's decided if I'm keeping it, I'm just reaching for straws. It seems like a software thing and with everyone able to roll back firmware I was just hoping for an easy fix. So hurry up paypal? I'm sick of looking at this paperweight.

Frank

In my case I bought from an ebay seller and although the item is new I'm stuck with a paypal claim. Until that is cleared up and it's decided if I'm keeping it, I'm just reaching for straws. It seems like a software thing and with everyone able to roll back firmware I was just hoping for an easy fix. So hurry up paypal? I'm sick of looking at this paperweight.

Frank

i baught mine off of ebay and i payed roughly the same in CDN dollars imported to my door knock on wood mine is ok. Because on the unit it states for non us buyers no warranty :(

• 1 year later...

Though the steps to get into my D3 service menu are only slightly different, I was able to access the 3 service menu screens outlined. Where I get lost is im not sure exactly what steps to take to downgrade to my old 70 series discs. Maybe I am missing a thread somewhere but any help would be appreciated... Thx!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't even get into the menu.

When I press RESET + EJECT, it shuts off, as expected. I release reset and keep holding EJECT, and it eventually just says "press the reset button" I can press the reset button as many times as I want, but as long as I'm still holding EJECT, it won't bring up a password. If I let go of EJECT, the unit resets... but I don't see a menu. Please help me!

After a botched upgrade, my D3 restarts randomly and freezes. I'm not confident that I can go a whole trip without this happening, so my GPS is worthless.

I need to get into the service menu and attempt to do the update again, or at least roll back my install to the last stable version.

Can somebody please help me get into the service menu so that I can do this?

PM me if you post here... I'll subscribe to the thread, but my notifications never work. Thanks!