AVIC411.com

z1 w/updated software same as z2?

Ok, I think I've read too many threads and got myself mixed up a bit.

If you get a z1 and update the software -- is that the same as a z2?

And if you get the z1 + update the software, can you use the 2-wire bypass still?

Apologies if this is already answered somewhere, but there's so many threads it's hard to grok the "final" answer.

thanks in advance.

No, the disk is not out yet, but if you unlock both drives and put them in a pc and image the Z2 drive on to the Z1 drive you will have a Z2 with out any bypass. Maybe the update will change the Z2 as well, but till it's out, no one will know.

Think im BSing?? call them yourself 1-866-214-1310. or dont call its your choice man but she told me that the buy now on the pioneer site wont be up for awhile beacuse of conflict and that place in Long Beach is the usa service center so that may be why they have it and others dont ya think??

I did order it.. it should be here Thursday.... I will install that night.... let me ask this does anyone know if you can order the version disk that I have now so that if I dont like it I can always go back? I asked the lady about the bypass she said that from what she knew it could not be bypassed but said that there are always people out thre trying... LOL Really... LOL

I hear ya on that... thanks.. and sorry for not trusting... now I know you aint no BS... well I also called pioneer support and asked them hey can I bypass the unit to make it work with the update. He said NO.... it was in programming and that you would have to be able to change the program all together..... I told him you all are going to lose sales and he said well we at least know we will not get anyone killed because of it... He was pretty cool about it.. he knew the Z1's had been bypassed, but said that the update will fix that. Oh well we will see...