AVIC411.com

z1 w/updated software same as z2?

This wait is killing me :-).

there was so much talk about the upgrade the moment Z2 was announced. And now the upgrade DVDs are available, and there is this very uncomfortable silence probably before a storm of discussions based on findings.

Did it work?

Old bypass still working?

Map showing better accuracy?

IPOD video working? any faster access?

Better bluetooth quality?

And an important one: Z1 owners deserve a free update if all the above 'problems' have been fixed :-).

Can't wait to hear from the those brave ones who are trying the upgrade as I write this! Good luck guys!

Calm down. I finally got my hands on that disk. I will test it on my Z1 but I can't test it on a Z2, cause I don't have one. I was told this all works rather nicely, but I haven't tried it yet. I want to back up my hard drive before I do, give it a little while, I will post what I find when I do it. Hopefully some other people who also have this disk will when they get a chance as well.

Ok, I think I've read too many threads and got myself mixed up a bit.

If you get a z1 and update the software -- is that the same as a z2?

And if you get the z1 + update the software, can you use the 2-wire bypass still?

Apologies if this is already answered somewhere, but there's so many threads it's hard to grok the "final" answer.

thanks in advance.

It is the same as the z2 but the bypass with the flashers will not work anymore. I know I just did it 2 days ago. but I'm waiting a few days to see if the new bypass works were you ground normally to the parking brake and ground the connector#2 pin

and yes all those problems are fix. Ny navi is acurate and bluetooth is alot better I don't have the IPOd, but everything is wonderful. Hope that helped answer your question

• 2 weeks later...
Calm down. I finally got my hands on that disk. I will test it on my Z1 but I can't test it on a Z2, cause I don't have one. I was told this all works rather nicely, but I haven't tried it yet. I want to back up my hard drive before I do, give it a little while, I will post what I find when I do it. Hopefully some other people who also have this disk will when they get a chance as well.

Still waiting to hear from the Pro on the update effect...You can't use 'calm down' on me again, you used that already :)

cheers

PN

'97 Q45 with Z1, Bluetooth, iPod, XM, steering remote, DVD remote