AVIC411.com

I just recently replaced a Z-1 that was stolen out of my car with a Z-2 and have been waiting for the bypass just like everyone else has but my dealer said that there is a bypass for the z-1 on a disc that you can put into your z-2 that essentially makes it a Z-1, which you could have the bypass on. I was wondering what are the differences between a Z-1 and a Z-2 I know some of the icons are different but what are the major differences between the two? Also another question, if I were to use the disc to make my Z-2 a Z-1 when and if a bypass for the Z-2 comes out would there be any way to get the features back for the Z-2 if I had used the disc to make my Z-2 a Z-1? I know this question sounds confusing but Im just wondering if that would be possible or not, any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only way to make a Z2 into a Z1 is to have them both, unlock both hard drives and stick them in a PC and copy the drive images between them. And make a back up of them before hand. Then you can switch between the Z1 and Z2 images. But it's rather PC/tech intensive... there is no magic disk.

Hopefully this disk will be publicly available soon and then no one will have to worry about the Z2 and lack of bypass.

I installed the Z2 into my 2001 4runner. I found out the other day that by pulling up my emergency break just enough to turn the sensor on it bypasses everything. I can watch a DVD while driving and the navigation is fully functional. I was told there was a sensor inside the unit that knew the car was moving I found this to be false. I am planning on putting this unit into a 2008 Yukon when they come out. All that needs to be done is ground the brake so the unit thinks the emergency break is on all the time and it will work. At least in the case with my car.

I installed the Z2 into my 2001 4runner. I found out the other day that by pulling up my emergency break just enough to turn the sensor on it bypasses everything. I can watch a DVD while driving and the navigation is fully functional. I was told there was a sensor inside the unit that knew the car was moving I found this to be false. I am planning on putting this unit into a 2008 Yukon when they come out. All that needs to be done is ground the brake so the unit thinks the emergency break is on all the time and it will work. At least in the case with my car.

wrong. lies.

wrong. lies.

It might not be lies.... If your Z2 is brand new, that will work for a little while. But not forever. :) Of course the smoother the ride the longer that will last. Let is know what that stops working.

With a brand new Z2 image, even while the sensors were initializing, i hit the lockout within 5 seconds of driving. So unless he skipped out on the VSS and GPS antenna, I don't buy it.

A friend of mine that works at a stereo shop that installs them all the time didn't believe me either until I showed him. I drove all the way from Clemson to Atlanta with a DVD playing. Believe it or not it happened. When the parking break is not on the DVD screen stays blue with the control buttons displayed as if it is playing on a rear screen. As soon as I pull the parking break the movie starts playing and continues playing until I release it. It is up just enough to trip the sensor but not enough for the parking break to be engaged. (Hyperite) sorry it doesn't work with yours maybe your not right all the time and to say what I said was a lie is pretty much bull shit. Why would I waste my time saying all of that when this is informative to help people with their units.

Also my system is not connected to the speed sensor. The unit runs solely off the gps antenna in hybrid mode. Which makes the speed gauges off by about a mile per hour because it is gathering all the data from the satellites instead of the car. If that has anything to do with it.