AVIC411.com

Buzzing sound through speakers

Hi everyone, I just got my AVIC Z1 back from repair and reinstalled it. Everything is working fine except I have a buzzing sound coming through the speakers while I'm pressing any functions on the radio or touchscreen. No buzz when music is playing and radio left alone. For example, if I change stations on XM, during that one or two second delay until the new station comes up I hear the buzzing sound. The buzz does not increase or decrease with the volume, always constant so if I have the volume high I can't dear the buzz but when volume is down I hear it clearly while pressing any of the radio functions. Never had the buzz prior to shipping radio out for repair. Any ideas????

• 9 months later...

I've had my unit for 5 months now and it's doing the same thing. Sound is fine as long as I don't touch anything, press a button on the unit or remote and I get a loud popping static sound. First thing I thought was a speaker was shorting...stuck in the factory unit drove around no problems. So I rechecked all of my connections on my wiring harness and there aren't any loose wires shorting...so I'm not sure what this could be?? Only happens when buttons are pressed. I balanced the speakers to FL to FR to RR to RL and it doesn't matter the position, the loud noise comes out of all of the speakers. I searched the forum, any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Once again this problem is back. Last time I redid all the wiring and just thought it was wiring. Doesn't seem to be the case. Nav and all functions work fine, it's just the sound. When starting up I can press a button and instead of the "beep" you get nothing, then when it starts up and you press a button, the load static pop. Any ideas? I've removed all the extras like the bluetooth, XM, iPod to remove them from the equation. I'm at a loss as this comes and goes.

• 1 year later...

hey guys,

sorry to bring back such an old thread, but something odd just happened to me. Avic z1 was working fine using the amazing little flasher circuit. I finally decided to buy a new hardrive with current software so I knew I would have to get rid of the flasher and use the newer bypass method (moving a wire in the harness, etc.)

Be the lazy fool that I am, rather than doing it myself, I decided to have our local (and very good..) shop do it for me and also add the iphone remote start interface to my viper security.

everything is working perfectly except I have the same problem outlined in this thread. Whenever I push any button on the unit (including the touchscreen) I get a buzzing noise. As soon as the button is stopped being pressed, the buzz goes away.

It certainly sounds like some type of ground issue...does anyone have any tips? WE did double check the wiring and the bypass is done correctly.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...