AVIC411.com

CNDV700HD update disk

Ok, I tried this on my Z1 and it asks you for a password for updating the z1 to the z2. I'm going to have to update the files from the z2 image I have and then try the update.... unless someone out there has a secret code that would work and wants to PM it to me.

The guy who gave it to me said that when you stick it into a Z2 that is not bypassable it will make it bypassable with no code. But I don't have a Z2 to try that with.

More to come...

PS, stop PMing me and begging for a copy of this disk, 25 requests in one day is way too much. If you want it for a Z2 bypass then it will get around soon enough. If you want it to update a Z1, don't bother, it won't help the way it is, without a code.

Does this disc contain the 2007 updated maps?

I think it contains the updated maps so that a Z1 will be like a stock Z2. If the Z2 has "2007 updated maps" then yes. But from what I'm told there is no real update to a Z2 other than the bypass.

Here are some links about the update cd (from the activation site). From reading them you can figure out that the password is generated to only work with your unit (one serial number). You can't generate another from the media number because the site will already have registered it. So it looks like if the Z2 to Z2 update does work, without password and does add the bypass back in. Then the only way for Z1'ers is to update their disk image to a Z2 and then update with the disc. I look forward to DB verifying that this will work.

Detailed CNDV-700HD password tool walkthrough

Frequently Asked Questions & Technical Support

Ok, bad news. I have a Z2 image on a DVD. Unfortunately when I put the image on my hard drive, it came up with

Starting pioneer navigation

Update failed

Restarting

And it does this over and over.

So something wrong with my Z2 image or the copying of the Z2 image to a Z1 drive. Sorry, I couldn't test the update disk yet, not till I get an image I can put on my Z1. I'll try again, but not tonight. Sorry.

Ok I had to hit retry about 150 times.. but it did keep upgrading. I was told by Pioneer that it had something to do with the locked/protected folders and thats why it ask. When you get to 48% it will take about 2 hours of hitting retry that is the maps for all the states being updated. Anyway about hours in all and I have a Z1 converted to a Z2 with all new maps. My street is now on the map... way cool... I still have to add the ground wire and test the bypass and see what happens... I will let you all know sometime tomorrow.