AVIC411.com

D3 Install in an 07 Jetta Wolfsburg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fiance's Wolfsburg doesn't have steering wheel controls. I bought the Scosche dash kit (the same as the OP). It matches up pretty well with the look of the dash.

Also, I installed the Mic on the top of the steering wheel column. It looks nice there, but several people have told me the mic cuts out when I turn my head away from looking forward. I'm hoping turning off the Echo Cancellation feature will solve this problem, because I don't know where else to mount the mic without having to take apart the headliner.

• 1 month later...
Get the Scosche dash kit, it fits perfect AND has the proper factory smooth texture, unlike the BestKits dash kit for the GTi which is rough.

The Scosche dash kit can be found here at Sonix:

hmm, that kit seems to be for a single din ? i have a 2003 jetta (MKIV) . the problem i have is my d3 is not flush . I dont mind if the actualy d3 sticks out . i just want the faceplate to be flush with the rest of it around. the unit itself can stick out a little. i have a picture here , its kind of crappy from my phone, but i think you get the point... any ideas for this ?? (again , its just the faceplate surrounding it... funny thing is ... that face plate actually came from pioneer , i had to order the d2 cage kit from pioneer and it came with that faceplate the installers used.

post-15179-12872753712511_thumb.jpg

post-15179-12872753713262_thumb.jpg

i have found that you can take off the underdash below the steering wheels and pull the harnesses for the radio through that side so there is less clutter behind the radio. also check for any plastic that might need to be cut out to fit the radio in the hole better.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest astrobill

Is the inside rectangle piece that's wrapped around the AVIC in your fit kit the same rectangle that comes with the AVIC, or did the Scosche kit come with that additional rectangle? Or did you make it yourself?

There is an inside and outside "ring". The outside ring is the main support where the AVIC mounts to the kit and the kit mounts to the car. The inside ring simply snaps in to place around the AVIC to make the install clean and tidy.

Sources for Dash kit:

http://www.scosche.com/products/productID/551

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_818 ... W2317.html

http://www.beachaudio.com/Scosche/Vw2317b-p-92265.html

The Scosche kit is better looking than the Metra kit. Without a doubt. Not sure about AI or Bestkits though.

Good luck.

PS: I ended up mounting the BTB200 in the void/access panel on the passenger side of the dash. If you open the door, that panel pops right off and there is plenty of room. It is also a useful place to gain access to the glove box. To make life easier, I popped out the vent as well while working on that location.