AVIC411.com

Avic z2 bypass confused..

ok, so.. I feel retarded, but are the things im confused on.

1. The most basic idiot mistake, when I burn the file to a CD and put it in my avic, and press map, how do I just "run the update"?

2. this plug:

avicz1newbypass.jpg

yeah.. I dont even have that in my stereo, I mean I have it in the box yeah.. but I got it installed at best buy, and I took my stereo out and its not in, I have the harness in the box, its just... not installed.

Do I just plug it in with the new wire and ground it?

Again, im sorry if this is me being retarded, but I just got my avic z2, and im new to stereos. If you are thinking this is another idiot posting another thread that doesnt know shit, you are right, I dont know much, lol.

And this is on an RSX-s, which means its got bose, that might have something to do with it?

And I THINK I grounded the brake wire, but it looks like when they installed it, they spliced into the light green wire, and used a bright yellow wire instead... so I just grounded that, because the green one on the parking brake goes to... that, and the plug thats on it goes to nothing.

Just stick the burned CD in and it will do its thing as long as you are on the map screen. You will need that connector to ground the wire in the magic hole, so take it out of the box and put it in your Z2. Ground that wire and the parking brake wire, whatever color they made it

ok, so now it just wont get past these 2 screens..

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

WTF!! Im so confused :(

Here is what I just did..

The pin in the back that I had to bypass.

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

And the parking brake bypass.

IMG_1120.jpg

See how it looks like they spliced into the green one? So I took the yellow one and grounded it.

IMG_1121.jpg

What am I doing wrong, it just wont boot up..

Is it because I have kpro?

Or might it have something to do with me pressing the reset button when it was stuck on the loading screen?

News: I changed everything back.. not sure what went wrong now, but the avic works, but the parking break doesnt.. I mean I changed the ground back and all, and when I pull it up, it wont show the brake light on my cluster, and it wont let me do POI search or anything on the avic..

in your second to last photo i see a green wire with a white connector - did you plug that back onto the parking brake switch ???

try pushing the "button" on the switch and see if your parking brake light comes on on the dash. if it does, you grounded the wrong wire(s) for the parking break portion.

more than likely the reason your speakers arent working (and probably why you were having boot issues) is there are some loose wires on the back of your Z2. i would check them all but it sounds like your power harness is loose or something. you might have to check all of your solder points etc...

I fixed the parking brake problem, now just got to understand why the damn ipod isnt working, and the speakers are working, am and fm is working.. just ipod isnt.

And it isnt a cable, because I can view all the songs on the screen, and its charging the ipod.

pbus cable is plugged into the wrong port on the ipod interface. BTW nice scratch on the screen.

Anyway to fix the scratch? :oops:

and it cant be that... I mean everything else is working BUT the audio portion of it.

It can be. That's exactly what happens when the pbus cable is plugged into the wrong port of the ipod interface. Ask any of the 100+ users that have had the EXACT same problem.