AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 install in new 2007+ GM Trucks (Tahoe, Yukon, etc)

Has anyone installed an AVIC-Z2 in the new model GM trucks? This would include any 2007+ Tahoe, Yukon, Sierra, Silverado, and Avalanche.

If so please share your experience with this install.

- Do you have any pictures of your install?

- Any fit issues?

- What kit did you use and why?

- What factory interfaces and steering wheels controls did you use?

i have installed the avic-z2 in my trailblazer. the adapters i used where the pac os3 bose adapter and the pac-swix for my steering wheel remote controls. since it is a double din opening the fitment is not a problem and it looks pretty stock as well. i will have pictures posted tonight if you want?

Best Kit - BKGMK317, fits the AVIC's the best

Peripheral - GMAHLANB, w/ Bose

GMAHLAN, w/o Bose

PESWIPS, steering wheel controls

This looks exactly like my 2007 Saturn Outlook (GMC Acadia). Does this steering wheel control interface with the factory buttons?

Thanks

Tony

GMAHLAN, w/o Bose

Shotgun_customs,

Judging from the name of your picture this is in a Sierra. What model Pioneer is that in the picture or more importantly what is the depth of the unit? My major concern is depth for this application. The AVIC-Z2 is 6-1/2" deep and the clearance I believe in the GMT-900 vehicles (Tahoe, Sierra, Yukon, Avalance, etc) is I believe 6-5/8" deep. Then there is the concern of additional depth needed for the cables and still be able to mount flush.

Thanks,

Chad

GMAHLAN, w/o Bose

Shotgun_customs,

Judging from the name of your picture this is in a Sierra. What model Pioneer is that in the picture or more importantly what is the depth of the unit? My major concern is depth for this application. The AVIC-Z2 is 6-1/2" deep and the clearance I believe in the GMT-900 vehicles (Tahoe, Sierra, Yukon, Avalance, etc) is I believe 6-5/8" deep. Then there is the concern of additional depth needed for the cables and still be able to mount flush.

Thanks,

Chad

That unit is the AVIC-D2.

Depth isn't that big of a concern b/c we cut out the sub-dash of all our installs. It gets really crowded with the on-star/bose interface, steering wheel control, RCA plugs, and power connectors all behind the radio. Plus you don't want any pressure on the radio b/c then it will stress the plastic kit.

GMAHLAN, w/o Bose

Shotgun_customs,

Judging from the name of your picture this is in a Sierra. What model Pioneer is that in the picture or more importantly what is the depth of the unit? My major concern is depth for this application. The AVIC-Z2 is 6-1/2" deep and the clearance I believe in the GMT-900 vehicles (Tahoe, Sierra, Yukon, Avalanche, etc) is I believe 6-5/8" deep. Then there is the concern of additional depth needed for the cables and still be able to mount flush.

Thanks,

Chad

That unit is the AVIC-D2.

Depth isn't that big of a concern b/c we cut out the sub-dash of all our installs. It gets really crowded with the on-star/bose interface, steering wheel control, RCA plugs, and power connectors all behind the radio. Plus you don't want any pressure on the radio b/c then it will stress the plastic kit.

I really appreciate your input on this. I want my AVIC-Z2 to be a flush install. Just to make sure I am on the same page. When you refer to the sub-dash I assume you are referring to the molded plastic that is behind the factory stereo? Once it is removed (cut out) it exposes a metal bracket connected to a tubular shaped metal cross member? Does it look like the following two pictures after you cut out the sub-dash? And how much more room do you estimate you gain when you gut out the sub-dash?

http://www.lazyassgeek.com/photos/album ... ll_001.JPG

http://www.lazyassgeek.com/photos/album ... ll_002.JPG

Thanks,

Chad

HELP!

Putting my Z1 in my new 07 sierra NEW style. SOmeone PLEASE send me wiring diagrams OR listings/colors. I cannot find the REVERSE at the BCM. Holy cow, I have to get this installed.

Lots of room behind the dash on the 07 NEW sierra, but I think I tried to overstuff with the XM tuner in the dash too! Think I'll relocate that before I finish up.

• 3 weeks later...