AVIC411.com

N3 interface with windows

my friend told me he got his N3 to work as touch screen for windows by tapping into the brain controls for the touch screen. In theroy it seems possible yet i have no clue how he did it..

has anyone done this with the avic N3 before?

I asked him for proof but hes a busy man so i dont know if hes pulling my leg. He is smart though....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess if he hooked up the remote wire or antenna wire it could "control" the windows. as far as taping onto the touch screen i dont think thats very possible.

im not talknig about tapping into external wires... im talking about taking apart the unit and taping into the trace lines on the circuit for the screen itself....

hmmm the touch screen wont have "wires" it will have a ribbon cable

if your friend interfaced the ribbon cable on his touch screen to "control" anything then we need him on board here at Avic411.com

so if the above is correct i would love to get pictures or at least a description of the hack that he did. thanks!

holy crap do you mean windows like computer lololol i think i just realized that

if thats the case then sure you can simply buy a touch screen film that goes over your already touch screen film and it will have a usb interface to plug into a car pc...

god im confused but full of knowledge

Extra connectors? I call bullshit on this one

yeah i call bullshit on that too.. if they had it already easily wired it would have been an additional feature of the unit....

not to mention you need advanced touchscreen drivers....

and on the touch film? where do you buy a usb 6.5" touchscreen film?

the "ease" of that is lost on me :?

my friend tapped into the existing unit... modifying the brain only as he said in the unit would involve a lot more work.. so i know he didnt add a usb touch film of any sort

I have not personsly tryed this, call bullshit if you will.

1. You can get small touch screen film no problem! I sell screen with it all the time.

2. There are connectors on the back the WILL allow acess to the screen portion of the unit! Pioneer uses it for testing and calibration of the unit. Before it leaves.

3. I have seen this done! No Idea how exactly, but you can bet your bottom dollar no one, I repeat no one can tap in to a ribbon cable for the monitor, and still have it hold up! Ribbon cables flex, solder and hard wire don't!

Its not bullshit, figure it out! Its ppaable!

I never said he tapped into the ribbon cable... the ribbon is on the head unit.. i said the brain unit. :?

Im curious about this film option though. could you show me a link to it?

I didnt call bullshit on the film... i called it on the tap into the vss and reverse wire. makes no sense at all

I'd love to see all possible options.

If pioneer released the unit with this feature they would outsell clarion and alpine nav units no problem.. seems stupid to not have it.

even 300$ ebay no name junk have it. har har :lol:

wow del i didnt want to start a flame thread but i replied to the topic with as much competence as i could with what little information you provided.

lets start over kool?

i dont see how you could use the touchscreen to control a pc with the avics touchscreen and still have control of the avic. i have an n3 at the house in pieces and i can tell you it would not be fun to "tap" onto the ribbon cable. as a previous post mentioned above i dont see how you could get drivers as the touchscreens usually are usb controlled.

as far as a 6.5 film it would most likely have to be custom but all manufacturers of touchscreen film offer and size you need im sure it would be costly. after my first post i browsed some sites and found a 7 inch for 40 bucks! maybe it doesnt include everthing you need but its a start

so im dont with this thread hopefully some computer tech can help us all out with some knowledge on drivers and things like that

peace del

lolol i love this thread i just cant stay away.

1st and foremost del's attitude quickly points out his character. if you really think that your buddy did something really impressive with his avic then by all means post away but please dont bite our heads off cuz we cant guess what he did or even how he did it.

you try to belittle all the amatuers here for trying to help you out? f u dude

im no amatuer but im not claiming to be the smartest guy here. ive explained to you a couple ways i think this ispossible and other people have tried too only to have you jibba jabba your frustration back at us.

so go look in a mirror and ask yourself the question you asked us and maybe you can give yourself the answer your looking for