AVIC411.com

N3 interface with windows

To what i know, you can get a touch film...And there is an extention port on the back..

To do the touch film, you would have to take you video LCD apart to add the film..

The expantion or extention port you would have to find a Plug to fit, and figure out what wires access the touch film part.

If you could tap in to, it would be before the ribbon cable in the LCD part..

These are the answers i could come up with.

Other then that, you get a video out card, with RCA, and plug it in to your Brain...and then you can get a wireless mouse, that is a laser pointer...you point it at the screen as to where to go.

I can also get 9 inch LCD touch pannels for cars. these are made to work with head units and puters.

Basic in a nut sheel i hook the 9 inch below the avic, use a laser pointer mouse if they want, or they can use the touch screen. (i add the laser pointer mouse for the back seat people if no screens int he back..wireless of course.)

Again sorry for my vocab, and spelling, i hope you understand what i am trying to say above here..

There are ways around DVI outputs..

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok lil update, nothing really though.

my buddy said hes having problem with his usb touch screen mod.

basicly he could only find a 7" windows touch screen driver so its off a bit on acuracy. (6.5" avic)

and because of this he doesn't want to release a shotty half assed not really working mod.

I'll let you guys know if theres any more updates.

Clearly no one knows how to do this here, and thats unfortunate...

maybe my buddy is being a douche and leading me on like a blonde at the clubs on saturday night...

but regardless... ill keep hammering him till i get a confirmation of some sort.

he said its just 4 wires from a usb cable.

I already have the avic.. its needed for my gps and other features...

i need the carpc to moniter my ecu...

I have a small compact... hardly enough room for both units...

as it is ive already removed my center vents to put the avic there. my din slot is full.

If you can see a cheap GPS touch screen unit with usb support let me know as i cant see those...

and no i dont want to do windows gps(as it is a logical option in most plases).. it doesnt tap into the ecu for acurate MPH readings under bridges/trees

half the time I drive I get no sat signal.. I live in in mountains and valleys really high on the hemisphere.. the sending satelite is low on the harizon.. even driving beside a 5th wheel truck knocks out my satelite reception(assuming it is driving on the south side of me) the avic vss solves all this.