AVIC411.com

[quote name="Pulp_Fiction"] [quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="ImolaVirus"]LOL- bigfloppydonkeyballs???? That's a riot![/quote]

You think the name is good, you have got to see his main flash animation when it's back up. It was so funny, I peed myself.[/quote]

Its up for me right now? Anybody else?[/quote]

So let me get this right.... you saw his flash animation and "IT'S UP" for you. Really is that what you like? You are a sicker man than I thought. Cool!

Remember "Baaaahh" means NO!
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="Pulp_Fiction"] [quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="ImolaVirus"]LOL- bigfloppydonkeyballs???? That's a riot![/quote]

You think the name is good, you have got to see his main flash animation when it's back up. It was so funny, I peed myself.[/quote]

Its up for me right now? Anybody else?[/quote]

So let me get this right.... you saw his flash animation and "IT'S UP" for you. Really is that what you like? You are a sicker man than I thought. Cool!

Remember "Baaaahh" means NO![/quote]

Hee Haw means YEEEESSS in Kentucky!

Edit: Oh, and yes his website is up for me too.
[quote name="ducatiboy"]His web site is up for me, but the links keep taking me to his flash animation, not the pictures that were posted.[/quote]

Then use my link. The file names are obvious.

Oh, and the bigfloppy links work over here. It must be the Usenet, slashdot and other hacking things you have loaded.
Ok, officially need to call myself an idiot for not trying this first.

I didn't even bother loading the .exe files in an analyzer so I went and grabbed one and loaded the smallest .exe, Download.exe, and got this info. This should help with development of any additional apps for this unit.

The processor type this is compliled for it Hitachi SH4

The header checksum is 00000000h, real checksum is 0002C655h so there is no checksum validation going on in the files. Good thing for us.

Subsytem confirmed as WinCE GUI version 4.20 for OS 4.0.
This is not compiled for Windows Automotive 5.0 then! At least this file is not.

Internal date stamp is 3-13-2006

I'll check the other .exe's and see if there are any significant differences to note.
[quote name="03Aviator"]Pulp...did you see anything for USB support?[/quote]

Nothing obvious, that was one of the things I was looking for. I'm thinking the bluetooth or IPod adapter may be USB but I don't have one to look at.

Today I'm playing with the holes on the bottom of the unit, looking for a JTAG.
Guest isdnmatt
I have both the bluetooth adaptor and Ipod interface and neither seem to have a USB interface of any kind. The bluetooth connector is extensive with many connections at least 10, rather than the 5 of USB. Also, I'm using the same Ipod adaptor as I did on my N1 so I'm guessing it is some sort of slower serial connection for data and direct audio connection to the ipod.
[quote name="isdnmatt"]I have both the bluetooth adaptor and Ipod interface and neither seem to have a USB interface of any kind. The bluetooth connector is extensive with many connections at least 10, rather than the 5 of USB. Also, I'm using the same Ipod adaptor as I did on my N1 so I'm guessing it is some sort of slower serial connection for data and direct audio connection to the ipod.[/quote]

I mispoke when I said IPOD. I forgot it was part of the databus so it's out. The Bluetooth adapter has it's own port in the back of the Z1 that's why I hoped it was a better possibility. There may be some USB functionality in it. When they get the Blackberry issues worked out I will likely get one and take it apart if nobody else does first.
All 10 contacts on the connector may not be used or the "extras" may be for sending seperate power to the unit (wishful thinking).
These are 2 large chips on the processor board. They are numbered:
Samsung 607
K4H511638C-UCB3
H5116 CML574HHC

These appear to be 512meg DDR SRAM

Smaller sqare TSOP on center edge of board.
lc82360
yj2 6ak2g
This appears to be the ATRAC3 hardware encoder/decoder.
[url]http://www.sanyo.com/semiconductors/catalogs/SystemChipsetEP85J.pdf[/url] search PDF for lc82360
What sucks is that this chip can encode at 24x yet we can only rip at 4x. Must it be the CD/DVD drive then???

Sqare TSOP on corner of board:
Pioneer
pe5414a
0604lu614

These are all the main chips from the bottom of the processor board.
From the Processor (top) side of the board:
2 of these:
Samsung 607
K4H511638C-UCB3
H5116 CML612HBC

More memory. My guess is video memory.

2 SQARE TSOP'S in the corner
Spansion
S99GL128NFB1
0603ABD M

These are the Flash Memory chips. Here is the datasheet for the S29, I think they are the same. S99 is likely OEM or something.
[url]http://www.spansion.com/datasheets/s29glxxxn_00_a6_e.pdf[/url]

Here is the Processor board top.
Ok guys i know i'm new here and you guys are definatly way beyond me on hardware tech, but i have been browsing through some of the exe's and i found more than a few referances to usb support.... not just the os, but a hardware adress ???possibly??? that is the point where i start to get over my head.
Also, maybe someone w/navtraffic can confirm that the data connector that is only used for the traffic updates and data portion of xm looks a whole lot like it could be a usb interface in some sort of obscure connector. Side note to that thought, if memory serves me correctly the special plug for bluetooth was labled bluetooth on the back panel or instructions, while the data cable for xm was refered to in the manual in a more generic way...no spacific referance to xm...
maybe nothing, maybe something
[quote name="XessReality"]Ok guys i know i'm new here and you guys are definatly way beyond me on hardware tech, but i have been browsing through some of the exe's and i found more than a few referances to usb support.... not just the os, but a hardware adress ???possibly??? that is the point where i start to get over my head.
Also, maybe someone w/navtraffic can confirm that the data connector that is only used for the traffic updates and data portion of xm looks a whole lot like it could be a usb interface in some sort of obscure connector. Side note to that thought, if memory serves me correctly the special plug for bluetooth was labled bluetooth on the back panel or instructions, while the data cable for xm was refered to in the manual in a more generic way...no spacific referance to xm...
maybe nothing, maybe something[/quote]

The search for USB is why I took the whole thing apart. I too think if they have USB it will be inside one of the connectors.
If you look at the lines of code you found with USB in the pathname you might notice that some of these reference files I think we are using. This also leads me to believe that some of the flash memory is seen as a usb drive or all the flash is referenced as USB and it is set to boot from USB.

You will also find references in the exe files to HTTP addresses and where items get downloaded for updates. From this I think the code can or has lived outside the Z1 as I don't believe they wanted to build web access in it.