AVIC411.com

Saturn Sky VSS, where is it?

Where can I find the easiest place to get the VSS for a 2007 Saturn SKY with a manual transmission?

I went to the "rostra" website, but it didn't have the car listed.

The OEM radio had speed adjusted volume that worked. Could the VSS be that close to the radio already attached, or does the GMLAN thing have something to do with it?

Sorry if this is a double post, I didn't notice this section of the forum before.

your car doesnt have a speed sense wire. the speed sensitive stock radio is through data, nothing you can use. some of those adapters for the gm vehicles will convert a speed pulse signal for you. if the one you need doesnt, your just gonna have to go the simple hybrid route. or get a speed pulse generator

your car doesnt have a speed sense wire. the speed sensitive stock radio is through data, nothing you can use. some of those adapters for the gm vehicles will convert a speed pulse signal for you. if the one you need doesnt, your just gonna have to go the simple hybrid route. or get a speed pulse generator

1) Could you tell me where I could find one of those "adapters" for my 2007 SKY that might generate the pulse that is needed?

2) What are the pro's and con's of the "simple hybrid" route?

3) Pro's and Con's on the Speed Pulse Generator? Installer mentioned something about the Speed Pulse Generator, but left me with the clear impression that it was NOT a good way to go. I don't remember why, but he didn't seemed impressed with it.

4) If it makes any difference to the above, I do have the bypass wired and installed in my unit.

9 times out of 10 simple hybrid works fine. ive used the pulse generators on eclipe units and they've been fine. it didnt make much difference on my z1 though. try hybrid and see how it goes before you waste money on the generator. they arent cheap and kinda hard to find

when directechs says wheel speed sensor, it means you have to add one. otherwise there would be a wire color listed to use

Thanks for that clarification. I would have been to the installer telling them to tap into the wheel speed sensor instead of adding one.

I was at another site and they are talking about:

2.4L w/Manual transmisson: VSS is mounted at the left rear of the transmission.

VSS High Signal is YE wire, terminated on Connector C3, Terminal 66 of the ECM

VSS Low Signal is PU wire, terminated on Connector C3, Terminal 67 of the ECM

C1 is BU with BK case

C2 is BK

C3 is GY with BK case

From all accounts the yellow wire seems to be the better one to hook up.

2.4L w/ Automatic Transmission: OSS is mounted at the right rear of the transmission.

OSS High Signal is YE wire, terminated on Terminal F1 of the TCM

OSS Low Signal is PU wire, terminated on Terminal F2 of the TCM

Does this make any sense, hook up to a yellow wire that connects to the ECM??? But he was referring to a Solstice, not a Sky. I have a 2007 2.4L SKY with the manual transmisson.

MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER!!! THINK smarter not harder like pearl95c said on the avics you dont need to use the vss wire!! The pioneers pick it up just dosnt have the exact location all the time and you will notice a lag and delay without the vss wire hooked up..... or a peice called CAN-VSS it automatically produces a VSS wire tach wire and much much more if the car dosnt have the vss wire just have to make sure its on a can bus system possibly might be a LAN data now all the new GMS are going that way