AVIC411.com

DOes Avic Have RDS ability

You could always import one from Europe and hope it'll work with North American DVDs. The European versions almost always have RDS. The Norwegian website even mentions RDS (although I can't read it, so it might say "sorry no RDS" for all I know).

http://www.pioneer.no/no/products/10/20 ... index.html

A lot of websites also list the UK version, AVIC-D3BTi as having RDS (although the Pioneer UK site makes no mention of RDS). Germany and Italy also get the D3 and it probably has RDS there too.

Although having one imported is probably not worthwhile since I think electronics costs a lot more in Europe and the customs fees would be pretty high too. Not to mention if it doesn't work with NA map discs, you'd be screwed.

It's a shame that the US doesn't use DAB like the rest of the world. Hardware availability would be a lot better if it weren't for us using the proprietary HD Radio, although I would be happy with even HD Radio.

Even sat has commerials now, ive heard them on sirius!!!! I dont know about xm. That defeats the whole point of paying for it. I rather download form limewire, or elsewhere, and import a guzillion songs (exageration for effect) to my 4g, 30g, etc ipod and listen to what i like.......................FOR FREE!!!

in case u didnt know limewire should not be used EVER!

lol i will never ever again use a p2p program. unless u count torrents

of course real ipod music is supposed to cost 1$ per song so ur 30g would cost a fortune.

xm and sirius claim comercial free "music" channels. so comedy, talk, news and all the others will have comercials. also they dont count their own promos that run in between songs.

i cant say i hate sat radio but i do think its seen its best years already

and again fezzzzz is gay

euro versions do have RDS, you can check out the RDS features from pioneer UK website support section where you can download the manuals.

Not sure about US dvds, will try one, but I know that the US map disc does work on a UK machine.

Pointless to me though as I shalln't be shipping my car out for the navi each time I visit the states. Am more likely to stick the tom tom in the hand luggage like I did last time.