AVIC411.com

If you have Bluetooth issue, CALL THIS NUMBER

Pioneer Customer Services

1-800-421-1404 , option 2 then option 4

I spoke with tech support initially, and the person helping me said they have already received several complaints, and they are trying to escalate internally - but the best way is to have as many customers as possible call and formally register a complain (and make sure they open a ticket)

Besides stating my displeasure with the Blackberry issue (and the lack of clarity on Pioneer's web site as to what works and what doesn't), I'm asking that they respond with how this will be addressed - can if be fixed with a future firmware uodate (then I'll sit tight), or is there an inherent HW incompatibility (then I want some type of monetary reimbursement)

Strength in numbers - get calling if you own (or will be buying) a PDA style phone!
Guest ClubFed
Maybe this topic has been addressed before, maybe not... ANYHOW, my Blackberry syncs with the bluetooth adapter with no problem...as long as all I am doing is using the phone. Every time I try to download the business card read feature (downloading my address book), it says my cell phone disconnects.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? And if so, is there a fix for it?
[quote name="ClubFed"]Maybe this topic has been addressed before, maybe not... ANYHOW, my Blackberry syncs with the bluetooth adapter with no problem...as long as all I am doing is using the phone. Every time I try to download the business card read feature (downloading my address book), it says my cell phone disconnects.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? And if so, is there a fix for it?[/quote]

It's been a while since I did mine, but I think that's what it's supposed to do. It doesn't want a call coming in during the transfer. It may say it disconnected, but it still transfers the information. Then IIRC, it reconnects after the transfer. I believe mine did anyway.
[quote name="ClubFed"]Maybe this topic has been addressed before, maybe not... ANYHOW, my Blackberry syncs with the bluetooth adapter with no problem...as long as all I am doing is using the phone. Every time I try to download the business card read feature (downloading my address book), it says my cell phone disconnects.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? And if so, is there a fix for it?[/quote]

Which model Blackberry do you have? And how were you downloading your address book? There is no way to initiate a trnasfer on my 8700c ( I can enable the Address Book Transfer feature, but this appears to be a passive mode that allows a polling BT devices to read the address book - as my BMW does when I start the car. But with the Pioneer, IT'S awaiting passively for a transfer to initiate...unless I'm missing something...)

Greg
[quote name="edrock200"]Is that # specific for bluetooth or a generic Pioneer #? I'd like to call and complain about my rear cam.[/quote]

The number is generic - the options get you to the Nav support group is my understanding....
I ran into the phone dissconnects thing too. But then realized it was still transferring my whole phone book. Finally figured that it wasnt dissconnecting from the phone but rather the"phone". So in case a call was coming in it would not be disturbed.
[quote name="htrdlnc"]I ran into the phone dissconnects thing too. But then realized it was still transferring my whole phone book. Finally figured that it wasnt dissconnecting from the phone but rather the"phone". So in case a call was coming in it would not be disturbed.[/quote]

What phone was this? A PDA (Blackberry) or "regular" bluetooth phone?

Thanks
I may have found that allowing the AVIC to automatcially pair with the Blackberry results in the unstable connection - connected, not connected, connected, etc...

On three occassions now, when it disconnected, I re-enabled the connection from the Blackberry (Comnnect to Device in the option for the Pioneer pairing on the Blackberry)

In all three occassions, the connection was not lost for the 10 to 20 minutes I continued to drive. I need to test more - perhaps I was just lucky - but prior to this, it was connecting and disconnecting every few minutes.

Still cannot figure out how to download the address book...
Just spoke to a "Khammi" at Pioneer mobile support, he stated that in order for a phone to be compatable with the avic-z1, it MUST have the following..

Need to have a phone with a Generic Access Profile (GAC)
AND
Head Set Profile (HSP) or Hands Free Profile (HFP)

I then asked him for a list of compatable phones, he gave a list as of 3 months ago....

Nokia: I870, 6230, 6230I (with bluetooth version 1.1), 6310, 6310I, 6600, 6620, 6630, 6650, 6651, 6680, 6670, 6820A, 7610, 6670B, 8800, 890I, 9500, N90-1

Samsung: D500, D508, D500C, D500E, D600, E750, E760

Sanyo: None

Palm Treo: None

Blackberry: 7290, 7100T, 7100V, 7100X

Panasonic: X70, X88

Qtech: 8020

Thats it. Kind of pitifull if you ask me. As mentioned earlier, the list is three months old.

Hope this helps a bit.
I have the impresison that the folks at pioneer are making a feeble attempt at damage control. They rolled out a product that from what I can tell, has many flaws.

As far as the list I posted; it came from them and is 3 months old. If you have a phone that works consistently well with the AVIC-Z1 and BT adapter, consider yourself blessed.