AVIC411.com

Using a portable hard drive to connect to d3?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You can get a portable media player such as media gate MG-25. I am using one with my D2 and its wonderful. You can put all your music in it and just enjoy watching movies, shows, listen to extensive collection while you are driving.

Can you share some more info on this, i want to but the MG-25 but how is the movie quality? And is the interface easy to use when choosing your movies and music?

• 11 months later...
Yes, pioneer makes an adapter so you can hook up a usb hard drive to the D3 just like an ipod. But from what I've heard, the interface is really, really bad. You're better off just getting an ipod.

Hi,

Now it's a year old thread.

Do you happen to have the part number for the hdd cable? I don't find it on their web site.

Thanks!

I found it.

It seems all of the bad "reviews" of the thing are mostly from folks who have never seen it, or have older head units. I've seen references that say the 2007 and newer heads will display better info than the older ones, but no definitive list of what you see on what. No idea what this will look like in my D3, but I ordered it anyway.

I'll post on what I find...