AVIC411.com

Unable To Set Clock - Atlantic time

I am unable to set the clock on my AVIC-D3. I am from Atlantic Canada and between the "Summer" (DST) On/OFF and the +3-3 hour time difference buttons, my system indicates short by one hour. Note: Atlantic time is 4 hours difference to Pacific Standard Time.

Apparently, according to the owners manual the original time in the system is based on Pacific Standard Time and my current location = 4 hour difference.Therefore , I need the ability to have an extra hour on my +3 hour button . Is there a fix? Am I doing something wrong with the setup,?I have tried to reset a couple of times to see if it is a satellite issue, however, no success. I contacted Pioneer Canada and they said the maximum amount you add or subtract the time is 3 hours, sorry no fix. Appreciate some assustance if anyone can help

• 5 months later...

summer time will give +1 hour, problem is in DST it will still be one hour behind.

You have plus or minus 3 hours. Problem is default is Pacific Time. So add three hours and you will get EST. But, if you subtract three hours you will have the correct time if you were between North America and Hawaii!!

I think the D3 was programmed in California and no thought given to the rest of North America.