AVIC411.com

Does "Hey, Siri" command work for you guys?

In iOS 8, Siri is now able to respond to commands when the phone is plugged in just by simply saying, "Hey, Siri...[and the command]".  It actually works pretty well when using just the phone.  I noticed it also seems to try to work when plugged into the NEX.  If the music volume is low enough, saying "Hey, Siri" bring up the voice command screen, but it doesn't seem to turn the microphone on after hearing "Hey, Siri" to hear your command.  

Has anyone tried this with any success with the NEX units?

With my iPhone 5s Hey Siri worked fine one time, then would fail every time after. It would require a reboot of the phone.

Another issue I have is when on a call in the car and I want to continue the call after arriving, I switch the call audio back to the phone but audio to and from the phone completely stops and requires rebooting the phone and calling the person back again.

I have an open case with Apple engineering and even have a video available showing the failure. I got so ticked off I dumped my 5s yesterday and got the HTC One M8 and now using Appradio mode instead. Got my Waze back.

Hopefully Apple and Pioneer get their act together on Car Play,  but with the lack of apps (other than audio apps) and the buggy "Hey Siri" & Bluetooth functionality I will stay with Android. At some point in the future maybe I will switch back (with IOS 9 and NEX series 3??)

Yeah, it kinda works for me (4000nex), latest firmware; iPhone 5, last iOS). Unless music is really loud, it typically hears me and brings up the voice command screen. But it doesn't give the audible ding to indicate it is listening, and sometimes it is and then times out. I have to visually look to see if the voice command "waves" seem to be listening. And that's not good--would rather not take my eyes off the road.

I hope this can be fixed/improved in coming updates.

I have only had my 4000nex installed about a week now, and I have had one "Hey Siri" false-positive.

• 1 month later...

Works great. Just make sure that your phone is plugged into the FireWire as you have to have power in order for "Hey Siri" to work. So if you are using CarPlay it's already there! You can say "Hey Siri", the line will come up and then give her a command. Only issue I have had us sometimes she doesn't hear me. Not sure if that's because of all the other ambient noise in the car. Especially if the radio is turned up. But usually works. Also, Just make sure that the "Hey Siri" feature is turned on in the phone.

6000NEX, iPhone 6

Works great. Just make sure that your phone is plugged into the FireWire as you have to have power in order for "Hey Siri" to work. So if you are using CarPlay it's already there! You can say "Hey Siri", the line will come up and then give her a command. Only issue I have had us sometimes she doesn't hear me. Not sure if that's because of all the other ambient noise in the car. Especially if the radio is turned up. But usually works. Also, Just make sure that the "Hey Siri" feature is turned on in the phone.

6000NEX, iPhone 6

In my case, the line not come up after "hey siri" for most of the time. Sometimes, it came but quite quickly, then Siri responsed: Hi