AVIC411.com

New ipod and D3

I have D3 in my mazda3. From the mazda3 forum, I learned that the new classic ipod won't be able to play video on the D3 anymore.

This is the classic 80G/160G which replace the old 30G/80G.

Anybody here know anything or confirm this?

Gosh, I got the ipod adapter for my D3 but I haven't bought the ipod yet. I keep checking the price for 30G video ipod and now they don't make it anymore. I don't want to buy the new 80G (eventhough same price) if I cannot play video on D3.

But it does fail to do something simple and fundamental: unlike the fourth- and fifth-generation iPods, it refuses to output video or photographs to an external TV or other device unless it’s connected to something that contains an Apple authentication chip. That means that our in-car video cable can’t play video from the iPod classic. It also means that our collections of iPod video display docks and wearable video displays do not work with iPod classic. Photo slideshows and video playback alike are constrained by this artificial limitation. In short, Apple has locked away the photo-out feature it introduced in the iPod photo and 4G iPod, as well as the video-out capabilities that it introduced in the 5G iPod, and is now going to make you buy new accessories to replace the ones that worked before.
Well, I guess I stand corrected. Just read that they did eliminate video out feature. I am surprised that they DID cripple this function.

they didn't ELIMINATE it, it just won't work without authentication with, um, "authenticated" apple hardware. it's so stupid, why don't they eliminate the headphone jack if it's not connected with the retarded apple earbuds too, christ.

Pioneer does work with Apple, does that count as support or not?

From what I can gather, the TV out will only be enabled if the dock/connector is an Apple product, or one of the very few 3rd party products developed with Apple's support.

no.

the D3's product line is too old for it to have the authentication chip. the theory is Pioneer needs to come out with a new iPod direct cable with the chip, and everything will be good.

that or someone hacks the ipod :D

• 2 weeks later...
You're going to have the same problem with a new nano as you have with the classic.

I know. Since I cannot play video I will not need much storage capacity. As the result, I don't need that big 80G. 8G is big enough. So either 30G or nano 8G.

(Sorry! I meant 8G nano instead of 16G nano)