AVIC411.com

Motorola V710 with verizon and bluetooth adapter!

Hi, I finally got my blue tooth adapter installed and stopped the echoing!! Now I am working on transfering my address book to the head unit. When I try to do so, it disconnects, which I believe is correct, but it says it is okay to send contact list "from phone"! This is where I am not sure, I am not sure how to send from the phone? Also I tried to reconnect with blue tooth, and a message says "service not supported"!! Has anyone else got this message, or can anyone see what I am doing wrong? Or is this another Verizon Bluetooth bull shit issue which I was involved in the previous law suit and got nothing back. Arrrrggg :-)
[quote name="hasher13"]Or is this another Verizon Bluetooth bull shit issue which I was involved in the previous law suit and got nothing back. Arrrrggg :-)[/quote]

Yep, that's what it is, the V710 doesn't support that feature. I have one, there are all sorts of hacks for it, but nothing to enable that feature. I believe that the Z1 uses OBEX to transfer the phone book and the V710 doesn't have that. Which is funny cause the Parrot CK3100 connects to the V710 with bluetooth but they enabled it to download the address book with the DUN connection and that works, but Pioneer didn't impliment that feature.
I got the Razr V3m from Verizon. In my area, Verizon is the best service so I had to stick with them. Cirgular is increasing the coverage in my area but it still spotty. Nothing from Verizon will work. I believe the Q and Treo phones have OBEX, but they don't work with the Z1 (I could be wrong about the q). But smart phones have trouble with some bluetooth systems. But I kept with the motorola thing cause there are tons of hacks and things out there and I already have the software and the cables and all.

Any Cingular or Tmobile phone with bluetooth should let you transfer all that stuff over. Verizon kills that on purpose so they can try to make extra money.
You are right about the Q. I've not been able to upload the phone book from the Motorola Q to the Z1. It has object (file) send capability, but the Z1 card reader disconnects after each upload and prompts for another. My wife's V710 does everything the Q can do with the Z1.
Well, I just spent a few extra minutes adding my phone book manually!! Good thing I dont have that many contacts or friends :-( J/K.... My contract is almost up with Verizon and time to get a new phone. Does anyone have any suggestions. Previously, I mentioned thinking about getting the HP 6500w and switch to Cingular or Waiting for the Q to have wifi, as long as I am able to use the phone through the HU I am happy about that.

I would really prefer the ability to import my outlook contacts with addresses and phone numbers, which would be more benificial for the navigation and phone service. So if anyone finds a way or if it becomes "not impossible" please let me know.

Thanks
How did you solve the echo problem?????? I have tried several positions for the mic around the dash of my 06 Mustang GT and have the sound comming out of the drivers side door only. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way....I am using a Palm Treo 700w (without the software update) and it has solved the disconnect issue after 3 minutes of talking. My previous treo 700w had the software upgrade and disconnected every time after 3 minutes.
I placed my mic upper left side of driver side, on top of the hand rail (expedition 04) and have the sound come out of the right speaker. I believe I have it on like 3 bars or so, but basically what I did was called someone and spoke to them, and adjusted it while I was talking to them asking if they hear the echo. Eventually they did not. It is low but not that low, I would not be able to hear them if windows are done, but they would not be able to hear me either.

hope that helps.