AVIC411.com

3d Calibration, Speed Pulse, Distance etc...

OK, I got my AVIC D3 installed yesterday with the XM NavTraffic & BT. The installer showed me the 3D Calibration and it showed distance of 0.00 miles, Speed Pulse 1305 and Sensor Initializing. He said it would take about 50 miles of driving to fully calibrate. After 85 - 100 miles of driving everything still had the same information as noted above. In addition, the progress bars for Distance, Right Turn, Left Turn and 3D had not moved.

I cleared everything and it started over. This time the Distance tracked accurately up to 4.84 miles and then froze. Speed Pulse showed 0, Sensor went to Simple Hybrid. Progress bars showed 1 peg in Distance, Speed reflected pretty accurately as to what my speedometer was saying on my car, Right turn showed 2 pegs of progress and Left turn showed 1 peg. 3D showed no progress. After I noticed all that (about 10 miles of driving had taken place since I had cleared everything) I drove another 20 miles and noticed no further changes.

I cleared again and have driven about 15 miles since then and the only things that have progressed are Right Turn and Left turn showing 1 peg of progress each. Everything else is 0 or no progress. With Sensor Initializing.

How long should it take to complete? Is it normal for certain parts to hang up and not progress for a while during the calibration? Should I just leave it alone for a few days and see what happens? OR Should I call my installer first thing Monday morning and have him check it out?

Well I've been driving my car for over 2 weeks now (I'm guessing maybe 300 or 400 miles?) since my D3 has been hooked up, and it's still not done with the 3D calibration. It is getting close, though. All the bars are almost full! I'd say wait a while longer and check the progress.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring this back from the dead. But I'm close to 7,000 miles now, and it's still not finished calibrating...

It took me to this point to get all of the right turn and left turn bars filled, and the 3d-hybrid is about one dash away from being filled.

I have no clue on how to make the process go faster, but I dread the day I lose power or have to reset the device and have to start over. :lol: