AVIC411.com

Help my crash my Z1 - Seriously

Ok, I made a new image and put it on a new drive. I still used Ghost 2003 and I did it as "newb" as possible. Wizards all the way.
I used the "backup your computer" option on my original Z1 drive and connected it using a USB 2.0 connector/adapter. Ghost needed the USB 2.0 support option turned on. It took 20 min. to image the whole disk in one shot.

I then used the Restore your computer option, again with the USB 2.0 adapter and didn't do a thing with the partitions.

I ended up with 2 x 1.49 GB partitions
1 x 24.8 GB
1 x 46.7 GB

Ghost was nice enough to even make the 46.7GB partition FAT32 for me without even asking.

Originals are:
2 x 572 MB
1 x 9.3 GB
1 x 17.5 GB
for those that forgot.

These are all different from the originals. It looks like Ghost spread out the additional space for me. What a nice program. It didn't even ask. :D

Here is what I have tried. Played FM, AM , library and XM radio. Switching back and forth to map, scrolled around map, tried a lot of options and generally just used the touchscreen a lot. I didn't drive around, this was all in the driveway.

Only 2 people that I know of have replaced their drives so far and both have had crashing.

I'm making this a thread instead of PM just in case we figure out the problems.
Ok...if I understand you correctly, you wanted to test out another new drive to see if you were just "lucky" on your first drive?

Is what you are telling us is...you think the new drive works too? So maybe you weren't "lucky" on the first one and you have a procedure that is working for you? If so...I think it has to be something with the manufacturer of the drive being used...or maybe even has to be the size you are using??? Were both drives you used exactly the same? Manufacturer and size? If not...why are you having success and others aren't? It seems you've locked on to a process that works and although the others should work...they aren't. It has to be something simple you're doing or using they aren't. Weird.
[quote name="03Aviator"]Ok...if I understand you correctly, you wanted to test out another new drive to see if you were just "lucky" on your first drive?

Is what you are telling us is...you think the new drive works too? So maybe you weren't "lucky" on the first one and you have a procedure that is working for you? If so...I think it has to be something with the manufacturer of the drive being used...or maybe even has to be the size you are using??? Were both drives you used exactly the same? Manufacturer and size? If not...why are you having success and others aren't? It seems you've locked on to a process that works and although the others should work...they aren't. It has to be something simple you're doing or using they aren't. Weird.[/quote]

I changed just about everything.

Different target drive
Different procedure for imaging.
New image.
Used USB instead of IDE.

I want to know where and how others are crashing if it can be pinned down. The only thing consistant right now is my source drive and Z1 itself. I think the new drive is working but I didn't use it very long in the driveway so when I go out today I want to run it towards a crash if I can.
If this doesn't crash, I think the next thing to try is installing the imaged drive in another Z1 and see how it operates. It will be interesting to see if an image from your Z1 will work in another Z1. I can't see why it shouldn't....can you?
I'm reporting a lack of results from trying something so somebody can enlighten me to the errors in what I tried. I didn't expect it to work but here it is.

In the Prg0 and prg1 sections of the application drive I replaced all files with Navi in the name. Navi.exe, xxxnavi.dll, navi.img, etc.. with the Av counterparts.
Example:
Delete Navi.exe
Copy Av.exe and rename as Navi.exe.
Do the same for all other Navi files.

Before the system gets to the first spash screen I get an application error in 3 languages. A quick crash.

When I did the reverse but with only the Exe file. (Replaced AV.exe with Navi.exe) the system starts to boot but never gets past the spash screen. No errors either.