AVIC411.com

Android Auto issues on 2015 Generation NEX

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Nexus 5 connected to the USB2 port, Android Auto seems to work perfectly.
For the mic icon issues: Mine works fine. I'm wondering if maybe problems arise if the Bluetooth hasn't been paired?
Android Auto notes: Some of my radio apps on the head unit appear to be buggy. Ex's-Pocket Casts seems to always reset my "up next" list, can't add episodes to the up next list. Forces me to select an episode and then can only navigate trough episodes within that subscriptions list. TuneIn Radio stations list cuts off after like "D's", don't have a full list of all categories or stations within a category. Anyone else running into buggy or incomplete App functionality?

Pioneer is about to release a firmware update to fix the issues with incompatible devices,  at this time only the Nexus phones work 100%

I was told any day for this.

Thanks for checking up on this

My LG G3 still won't connect regardless of cable...

Gimme that firmware!

Pioneer is about to release a firmware update to fix the issues with incompatible devices, at this time only the Nexus phones work 100%"

That explains a lot, it's more than the microphone button not working some little details like deleting navigation destinations would be nice.

Bluetooth and usb port 2 are being used. It seems pioneer failed to test with more than 1 phone.

Same here, still nothing.

Definitely starting to think its the phones, not the deck

Maybe lollipop 5.1 will help when it is released. Would make the most sense since the only phones that get the update currently are the nexus phones, which are the only ones that work with auto.

I just cant accept that one of the most popular phones doesn't work - S5

For the microphone issue,  Im thinking it could be a setting issue or default application issue, ive been trying everything.

When I press the voice button on steering wheel while in Android Auto, the symbol comes up but its grayed out

When I am in the phone options, the same phone button works fine

I also see that its using "Car Mode" in conjunction with android auto automatically.

With some many new features in this phone could there be a conflict?   I read there is an issue with car mode and the new "interruptions" feature

I have even restored phone to factory, reset radio, deleted everything after the firmware update.