AVIC411.com

Pioneer Augmented Reality?? WTF??

Honestly what I feel is that pioneer couldn't get any developers on board for Avicsync or the connected services to go with it, so here we are with a half finished product. My advice stop buying pioneer

About a week ago I purchased my first Pioneer, an NEX8100 and so far I have been very happy. I had been using a Kenwood 7190 with Garmin navigation and had not been very pleased. I'm an Android user but also use an iPhone and support for Android Auto and Car Play were factors in my decision. While the NEX8100 is not perfect, I really do like it.

I did not have expectations for AVICSYNC but am looking forward to it. I don't know if I would pay the subscription fee. The promise and potential is there but I would have to see it before judging its usefulness. I do think it is disingenuous for Pioneer to pitch AVICSYNC and still not have it available while also not providing any updates on availability beyond "working on it".

Acording to the @PioneerUK twitter feed, the company that makes the Navigation software is actually to blame for the delay, and they keep missing deadlines.

https://twitter.com/PioneerUK/status/598040652048408576

https://twitter.com/PioneerUK/status/606837311448457217

I can't find the source, but I remember seeing somewhere that the release of iOS 7 (yes, seven) was a cause of some early delays.